New York, NY /
Communications – Admin /
Sunshine Sachs Morgan & Lylis is proud to represent clients across many industries including entertainment, social good, tech and lifestyle and we tell their stories through a variety of mediums. We know that even during the toughest times, our responsibility to our clients and each other can bring meaningful and long-lasting impact for those affected the most. We’re proud of each and every campaign we execute, but you may be wondering why we don’t have more than a landing page as our website. While many of our clients are household names (you know them, we’re sure of it), our digital footprint is purposefully small. We fly under the radar and we like it that way.
If you are fired up and ready to do good, join us!
This position serves as the conduit between Human Resources and the senior team leads across the company, and plays a vital role in helping to ensure our client teams are staffed effectively and set up for success. You will lead all day-to-day staffing operations for the company across our five offices, as well as liaise with our in-house recruiting team and department leads to help identify staffing needs and fill vacancies in a timely manner. Ultimately, we’re looking for someone that will help nurture our culture, while helping provide a productive work environment for our over 200 employees across the country.
- Oversee and execute the staffing of all client account teams, including current team changes and new clients
- Coordinate with department managers, team leaders and in-house recruiting team to identify current and future hiring needs
- Utilize different operational tools to track projects and ongoing project staffing changes
- Provide ongoing and real time awareness of employee bandwidth and expertise on how to ensure agency is utilizing personnel resources effectively
- Match employee skills, experience and goals to open staffing needs as appropriate, helping to ensure professional growth for our teams
To be considered for this role you will also:
- Have a minimum of four years of experience in resource management, human resources and/talent acquisition at a PR or marketing agency
- Be an excellent communicator
- Be intellectually curious, including, but not limited to, staying up-to-date with industry developments, news, and our clients’ industries
- Have advanced interpersonal skills and are comfortable working with a multidisciplinary teams
- Thrive working independently and have strong organizational and time management skills, including prioritizing multiple tasks and communicating project needs effectively.
- Be a creative problem solver and can-do attitude
$75,000 - $85,000 a year
Salary commensurate with experience (plus benefits; see below)
Benefits x Perks
We go well beyond the benefits that you’re looking for like medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with matching, annual merit-based bonuses, PTO, fertility, FSA for medical, childcare, and commuter expenses. Sunshine Sachs Morgan & Lylis offers those benefits and many perks including, a flexible work schedule, Work from Anywhere program, Summer Fridays, Wellness Days, and a 4-week sabbatical or trip to celebrate select anniversaries. We love to socialize so, we have collaborative workspaces, some offices even have rooftops, celebrations, networking opportunities, and community volunteering. We frequently mark opportunities to listen, learn and act throughout the year (Juneteenth, Election Day, International Women’s Day, etc.).
SSM&L is committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and ability. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, identity and expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
From day one, employees are carefully matched with a mentor to guide them on their path to success. Training and mentoring are a big deal here and since we are into promoting from within, we make sure to provide more than enough tools for you to learn and grow. We are proud to offer training throughout the year on topics for professional growth as well as personal growth. We have also developed a series of teaching workshops that are structured for each level of the company. Sunshiners also take love to take advantage of the monthly Meet the Media series where media contacts provide valuable insider info for pitching them and their colleagues.