Account Director, Brand Integration
New York, NY /
Communications – Brand Integration /
Sunshine Sachs Morgan & Lylis is proud to represent clients across many industries including entertainment, social good, tech and lifestyle and we tell their stories through a variety of mediums. We know that even during the toughest times, our responsibility to our clients and each other can bring meaningful and long-lasting impact for those affected the most. We’re proud of each and every campaign we execute, but you may be wondering why we don’t have more than a landing page as our website. While many of our clients are household names (you know them, we’re sure of it), our digital footprint is purposefully small. We fly under the radar and we like it that way.
If you are fired up and ready to do good, join us!
We have an opening for an Account Director on our Brand Integration Team. The ideal person for this role is someone who has developed deep relationships with in-house marketing and PR teams at brands across a variety of verticals, marketing and PR agencies, and sponsorship sales teams in the entertainment industry from pop culture events to studios and networks. You have a creative and inventive voice and an opinion that matters (and you’re not afraid to voice it). “You have a pulse on the latest brand marketing and entertainment industry trends” – (everyone says this but it’s true). This is a role for someone who has experience operating scaled brand marketing and cause marketing campaigns and can sell brands on sponsorship opportunities. You’re able to see the forest beyond the trees to develop truly integrated campaigns and manage a truly integrated team. You consider yourself an expert in developing out of the box partnership ideas and spotting trends in the entertainment and pop culture landscape.
- Leading brand integration and sponsorship outreach and strategy on various client (brand and non-profit) teams.
- Assisting in developing and executing comprehensive communications strategies.
- Considered a thought-leader of sorts, for the agency and clients.
- Partnering with PR, Talent and Social Media teams to create integrated strategies for clients.
- Training and mentoring junior staff on the inner workings and executions of brand integration, PR, media relations, social campaigns, and overall work approach. This is incredibly important to us!
- Managing and building on existing network of brand reps and entertainment/fashion/sports/tech industry contacts
- Planning, managing and executing brand marketing and partnership strategy on behalf of corporate and non-profit clients for product launches, campaign launches, etc.
- Planning, managing and executing sponsors for large-scale events, film and TV integrations, media partnerships, etc.
- Achieving deliverables for a full roster of clients (average of 6 – 8).
- Participating in and/or leading new business meetings, creating proposals, as needed.
- Regularly bringing new opportunities for clients – media meetings, key introductions, etc.
- Working with senior management to respond to client requests and ensure requests are taken care of in an efficient manner.
- Support administration of accounts including developing agendas, meeting recaps, activity reports, client status reports, and budget trackers.
You Should Apply If:
- You have at least 8 years of brand integration, partnership marketing and/or sponsorship sales experience with demonstrated success in the following areas: securing top-tier brand partners for paid partnership and sponsorship opportunities, developing and executing marketing and communications plans for entertainment, lifestyle, fashion, technology or non-profits, creating out-of-the-norm media moments, and managing staff.
- You’ve managed a team with direct oversight for at least 3 years (of those 8 mentioned above).
- You have a genuine interest in developing junior talent and empowering them to be A performers!
- You have a strong value and understanding of the rapid pace of consumer behavior and the influencer landscape.
- You are a strong writer – persuasive, concise, creative, and quick!
- You have a growing list of relationships with in-house teams at brands and the agencies that represent them across a variety of verticals and know how to leverage those relationships to secure impactful partnerships.
- You are a strategic thinker, bring new ideas to the table, and love a good brainstorm.
- You have strong decision-making abilities and accountability; this is an important role, own it!
- You have an innate curiosity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- You are incredibly organized, detail oriented and able to excel at managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- You’re willing to work select evenings/weekends and travel when necessary.
- You enjoy overdelivering rather than meeting expectations and take genuine pride in being part of something good.
You don’t HAVE to have this, but it sure would be nice:
- You have secured and executed a six figure ++ sponsorship
- You are incredibly passionate about making a difference with your work and have experience working on cause marketing campaigns
- You have experience working with corporate clients and understand how to adjust to their specific needs
- You have experience working on paid integration opportunities in TV and Film and have a deep understanding of marketing opportunities with studios, networks and streaming services
- Previous experience working with teams in multiple locations (LA, DC, Austin, Austin, SF etc.)
- Experience work with a project manager on an integrated communications teams (assisting with talent integration, media relations, social media, creative, brand integration)
- Interests beyond brand marketing – we never like to stay in our lanes here and particularly like to combine entertainment and social good.
- Previous experience using marketing databases and research tools like WINMO.
$100,000 - $110,000 a year
Benefits x Perks
We go well beyond the benefits that you’re looking for like medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with matching, annual merit-based bonuses, PTO, fertility, FSA for medical, childcare, and commuter expenses. Sunshine Sachs Morgan & Lylis offers those benefits and many perks including, a flexible work schedule, Work from Anywhere program, Summer Fridays, Wellness Days, and a 4-week sabbatical or trip to celebrate select anniversaries. We love to socialize so, we have collaborative workspaces, some offices even have rooftops, celebrations, networking opportunities, and community volunteering. We frequently mark opportunities to listen, learn and act throughout the year (Juneteenth, Election Day, International Women’s Day, etc.).
SSM&L is committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and ability. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, identity and expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
From day one, employees are carefully matched with a mentor to guide them on their path to success. Training and mentoring are a big deal here and since we are into promoting from within, we make sure to provide more than enough tools for you to learn and grow. We are proud to offer training throughout the year on topics for professional growth as well as personal growth. We have also developed a series of teaching workshops that are structured for each level of the company. Sunshiners also take love to take advantage of the monthly Meet the Media series where media contacts provide valuable insider info for pitching them and their colleagues.