Senior Account Executive, Corporate (Film/Television/Streaming)
Los Angeles, CA /
Communications – Entertainment /
Sunshine Sachs Morgan & Lylis is proud to represent clients across many industries including entertainment, social good, tech and lifestyle and we tell their stories through a variety of mediums. We know that even during the toughest times, our responsibility to our clients and each other can bring meaningful and long-lasting impact for those affected the most. We’re proud of each and every campaign we execute, but you may be wondering why we don’t have more than a landing page as our website. While many of our clients are household names (you know them, we’re sure of it), our digital footprint is purposefully small. We fly under the radar and we like it that way.
If you are fired up and ready to do good, join us!
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Account Executive in our Los Angeles office on the Film/Television/Streaming team. What does this mean? You’ve been doing this for a bit (at least 5 years) and are looking for your next challenge and opportunity. This is a role for someone who is well-versed in liaising with clients, talent, talent reps, producers/filmmakers and media. You're a PR pro who is strategic, creative, and passionate about exceeding client expectations. Our candidate is a strong leader and self-starter, who can direct accounts from the ground up.
You're able to lead clients, the team, and projects in terms of day-to-day activities, and develop and execute strategy in maintaining year-round retained corporate clients. This will require you to draft and service press releases, media materials, messaging points, presentations, new client proposals, and other documents as needed.
- Determine client expectations and develop strategies based on their input and goals.
- Establish overall positioning across corporate clients.
- Provide on-going strategic counsel, responsible for project outcomes and managing employee work across numerous accounts.
- Draft and review all press releases ensuring on-point communications, including working through approval processes and servicing to trades and wider outlets.
- Field inquiries and pursue coverage in the trades and consumer press.
- Build and maintain close trade and press relationships, ensuring that clients are continually top of mind.
- Respond to new client directives and expectations.
- Ensure that all responses to journalists and media inquiries are on point.
- Anticipate industry changes and develop creative solutions.
- Refine new business pitches and lead presentations and proposals for large account opportunities.
- Present strategy and executional plan to clients.
- Define fees and scope of work with clients.
You Should Apply If
- You have at least 5 years of experience in Corporate PR with required experience in film - TV and tech are a plus, in addition to film/festival campaigns and strategy.
- You have established relationships with trade media and know how to leverage those relationships to secure impactful media opportunities.
- You are incredibly organized, detail oriented and able to excel at managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- You're eager and willing to learn.
- You're able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- You're willing to travel.
$68,500 - $75,000 a year
Annual Salary commensurate with experience (plus benefits; see below)
Benefits x Perks
We go well beyond the benefits that you’re looking for like medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with matching, annual merit-based bonuses, PTO, fertility, FSA for medical, childcare, and commuter expenses. Sunshine Sachs Morgan & Lylis offers those benefits and many perks including, a flexible work schedule, Work from Anywhere program, Summer Fridays, Wellness Days, and a 4-week sabbatical or trip to celebrate select anniversaries. We love to socialize so, we have collaborative workspaces, some offices even have rooftops, celebrations, networking opportunities, and community volunteering. We frequently mark opportunities to listen, learn and act throughout the year (Juneteenth, Election Day, International Women’s Day, etc.).
SSM&L is committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and ability. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, identity and expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
From day one, employees are carefully matched with a mentor to guide them on their path to success. Training and mentoring are a big deal here and since we are into promoting from within, we make sure to provide more than enough tools for you to learn and grow. We are proud to offer training throughout the year on topics for professional growth as well as personal growth. We have also developed a series of teaching workshops that are structured for each level of the company. Sunshiners also take love to take advantage of the monthly Meet the Media series where media contacts provide valuable insider info for pitching them and their colleagues.