Account Director, Content (Film/Television/Streaming)
New York, NY /
Public Relations – Entertainment /
Sunshine Sachs Morgan & Lylis is proud to represent clients across many industries including entertainment, social good, tech and lifestyle and we tell their stories through a variety of mediums. We know that even during the toughest times, our responsibility to our clients and each other can bring meaningful and long-lasting impact for those affected the most. We’re proud of each and every campaign we execute, but you may be wondering why we don’t have more than a landing page as our website. While many of our clients are household names (you know them, we’re sure of it), our digital footprint is purposefully small. We fly under the radar and we like it that way.
If you are fired up and ready to do good, join us!
We have an immediate opening for an Account Director in our New York City or Los Angeles offices on the Film/Television/Streaming team. What does this mean? You’ve been doing this for a bit (at least 7 years) and are looking for your next challenge and opportunity. This is a role for someone who has a strong background in media relations, great press contacts and a clear understanding of how to maneuver the many facets of a film or television release. You understand festivals, awards, the new streaming platform landscape, have a great understanding of the entertainment industry as a whole and lots of experience working in it!
You know the ins and outs of the television/film/streaming world – not just how to work a red carpet premiere, but also how to develop strategic campaigns, cultivate out-of-the-box ideas, rethink traditional concepts, drive engagement online and offline, and establish media opportunities for talent and influencers to participate and support. They are passionate about bringing entertainment moments to life and they understand how to work with talent, partners, vendors, and other teams without skipping a beat.
Our candidate is curious. While they will work on entertainment clients, they are also likely to touch production companies, directors or content creators. They see this as a challenge and opportunity to grow their skills.
Our account directors lead accounts (no surprise there), counseling the client, providing fresh ideas, motivating the team, ensuring goals are being met and…they still pitch!
Our agency is integrated, and our Account Directors frequently work on accounts that involve aspects of brand integration, influencer integration, digital strategy, etc. While we don’t expect you to be fluent in all of these areas, we anticipate that this will excite you!
- Leading account teams and managing projects from start to finish.
- Developing and executing comprehensive integrated media and communications strategies.
- Developing an impactful and trusting relationship with clients
- Managing complex client issues and will see the client through stressful situations that will require thoughtful counsel.
- Leading new business meetings, creating proposals as needed.
- Partnering and collaborating with senior level colleagues throughout the agency on integrated (and bi-coastal) accounts.
- Participating in new business meetings, creating proposals as needed.
- Training and mentoring junior staff on the inner workings and executions of PR, media relations, and overall client management. This is incredibly important to us!
- Responding to client requests and ensure requests are taken care of in an efficient manner.
You Should Apply If
- You have at least 7-8 years of public relations experience, with a focus on film and television
- You are a strong writer – persuasive, concise, creative, and quick!
- You have a growing list of relationships with entertainment media and know how to leverage those relationships to secure impactful media opportunities.
- You are a strategic thinker, bring new ideas to the table, and love a good brainstorm.
- You have an innate curiosity and an entrepreneurial spirit…have a suggestion on making something better? We encourage you to do it!
- You are incredibly organized, detailoriented (see what I did there?), and able to excel at managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- You enjoy overdelivering rather than meeting expectations and take genuine pride in being part of something good.
Benefits x Perks
We go well beyond the benefits that you’re looking for like medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with matching, annual merit-based bonuses, PTO, fertility, FSA for medical, childcare, and commuter expenses. Sunshine Sachs Morgan & Lylis offers those benefits and many perks including, a flexible work schedule, Work from Anywhere program, Summer Fridays, Wellness Days, and a 4-week sabbatical or trip to celebrate select anniversaries. We love to socialize so, we have collaborative workspaces, some offices even have rooftops, celebrations, networking opportunities, and community volunteering. We frequently mark opportunities to listen, learn and act throughout the year (Juneteenth, Election Day, International Women’s Day, etc.).
SSM&L is committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and ability. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, identity and expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
From day one, employees are carefully matched with a mentor to guide them on their path to success. Training and mentoring are a big deal here and since we are into promoting from within, we make sure to provide more than enough tools for you to learn and grow. We are proud to offer training throughout the year on topics for professional growth as well as personal growth. We have also developed a series of teaching workshops that are structured for each level of the company. Sunshiners also take love to take advantage of the monthly Meet the Media series where media contacts provide valuable insider info for pitching them and their colleagues.