Account Manager, Brand Integration
New York, NY /
Public Relations – Brand Integration /
Sunshine Sachs is proud to represent clients across many industries including entertainment, social good, tech and lifestyle and we tell their stories through a variety of mediums. We know that even during the toughest times, our responsibility to our clients and each other can bring meaningful and long-lasting impact for those affected the most. We’re proud of each and every campaign we execute, but you may be wondering why we don’t have more than a landing page as our website. While many of our clients are household names (you know them, we’re sure of it), our digital footprint is purposefully small. We fly under the radar and we like it that way.
If you are fired up and ready to do good, join us!
We have an opening for an Account Manager on our Brand Integration Team. The ideal person for this role is someone who has developed deep relationships with in-house marketing and PR teams at brands across a variety of verticals, marketing and PR agencies, and sponsorship sales teams in the entertainment industry from pop culture events to studios and networks. You have a creative and inventive voice and an opinion that matters (and you’re not afraid to voice it). “You have a pulse on the latest brand marketing and entertainment industry trends” – (everyone says this but it’s true). This is a role for someone who has experience operating scaled brand marketing and cause marketing campaigns and can sell brands on sponsorship opportunities. You’re able to see the forest beyond the trees to develop truly integrated campaigns and manage a truly integrated team. You consider yourself an expert in developing out of the box partnership ideas and spotting trends in the entertainment and pop culture landscape.
- Developing and executing detailed strategies aimed at achieving client goals
- Managing integrated communications campaigns, including engaging with and pitching brand partnerships, sponsorships and paid integration deals
- Participating in new business processes and using data, analytics, and competitive research to inform strategic proposals
- Serving as primary point of contact for clients
- Strategic problem solving for teams and clients
- Demonstrating excellent judgment and discretion in difficult client and staff situations
- Appropriately identifying and flag client concerns
- Securing impactful brand partners and sponsors and thinking outside the box to create meaningful marketing campaigns
- Developing and executing strategic marketing and brand integration plans on behalf of clients
- Proactively mentoring/managing junior team members on client account teams
- Taking ownership and responsibility for success of teams and projects you manage
You Should Apply If:
- You have at least 5-7 years of brand integration, partnership marketing and/or sponsorship sales experience with demonstrated success in the following areas: securing top-tier brand partners for paid partnership and sponsorship opportunities, developing and executing marketing and communications plans for entertainment, lifestyle, fashion, technology or non-profits and creating out-of-the-norm media moments.
- You have a genuine interest in developing junior talent and empowering them to be A performers!
- You understand how all areas of brand integration and communications (media relations, social media, creative, brand integration, talent integration) work together as part of a complete strategy, including when and how to best amplify a campaign utilizing different services
- You know how to “create news” for clients to achieve their goals while staying within their budget
- You understand how to structure and tier sponsorship opportunities and have a track record of creating, securing and executing successful brand partnerships (both paid and in-kind)
- You have relationships with contacts and decision makers at brands across a diverse range of industries
- You manage up and down effectively and efficiently and can deliver constructive feedback to team members in a respectful and effective way.
- You are positive, proactive and solutions-oriented.
- You enjoy overdelivering rather than meeting expectations and take genuine pride in being part of something good.
You don’t HAVE to have this, but it sure would be nice:
- You have secured and executed sponsorships for brands
- You have experience working with corporate clients and understand how to adjust to their specific needs
- You have experience working on paid integration opportunities in TV and Film and have a deep understanding of marketing opportunities with studios, networks and streaming services
- Previous experience working with teams in multiple locations (LA, DC, Austin, Austin, SF etc.)
- Experience work with a project manager on an integrated communications teams (assisting with talent integration, media relations, social media, creative, brand integration)
- Interests beyond brand marketing – we never like to stay in our lanes here and particularly like to combine entertainment and social good.
- Previous experience using marketing databases and research tools like WINMO.
- You are incredibly passionate about making a difference with your work and have experience working on cause marketing campaigns.
Sunshine Sachs offers medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k), annual merit-based bonuses, PTO and commuter benefits. Additional perks include, Summer Fridays, frequent celebrations, a flexible work schedule and company-organized volunteer opportunities. We frequently identify company-wide opportunities to listen, learn and act throughout the year (Election Day, International Women’s Day, etc.).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, identity and expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
A Little More About Us:
Teaching and mentoring is an essential pillar at Sunshine. Through a company-wide mentor program, all Sunshiners are paired with both a mentee as well as a mentor who is invested in your success and growth. We organize monthly Meet the Media series during which media contacts visit the office to explain who they are, what they do and best practices for pitching them and their colleagues. We have also developed a series of teaching workshops that are structured for each level of the company. All Sunshiners participate by leading sessions for team members who are more junior to them.