Account Manager, Corporate Comms & Tech PR
San Francisco, CA / Los Angeles, CA / New York, NY
Communications – Tech & Start Up /
Sunshine Sachs Morgan & Lylis is proud to represent clients across many industries including entertainment, social good, tech and lifestyle and we tell their stories through a variety of mediums. We know that even during the toughest times, our responsibility to our clients and each other can bring meaningful and long-lasting impact for those affected the most. We’re proud of each and every campaign we execute, but you may be wondering why we don’t have more than a landing page as our website. While many of our clients are household names (you know them, we’re sure of it), our digital footprint is purposefully small. We fly under the radar and we like it that way.
If you are fired up and ready to do good, join us!
We have an immediate opening for an Account Manager. This role will work across high profile technology brands and exciting startups, leading a dynamic mix of corporate reputation efforts, brand campaigns, executive thought leadership programs, and more. Our candidate is curious, with excellent writing skills. We’re looking for someone who can learn quickly and touch a variety of clients -- from high growth startups to established brands to VC firms. Our clients span hardware, creativity, gaming, virtual reality, climate tech, fintech, healthtech, and more. Our Account Managers counsel the client, provide fresh ideas, motivate the team, ensure goals are being met, and generate results through regular pitching. We’re looking for an entrepreneurial spirit who is excited about contributing to our growing San Francisco office and continuing to build our thriving tech practice.
- Developing and executing comprehensive communications strategies.
- Producing clear, persuasive content, including messaging, media pitches, event submissions, awards submissions, and more to tell client stories.
- Partnering with senior managers to provide thoughtful counsel to clients.
- Contributing to business development, including new business and organic growth with existing clients.
- Coordinating with other discipline experts (e.g. social media, paid media, design, crisis, brand integration, talent integration) as needed.
- Mentoring junior staff to help motivate and coach team members; managing up to senior staff.
- Responding to client requests in a timely manner.
- Support administration of accounts including results reporting, agendas/recaps, budget trackers, and more.
You should apply if:
- You’ve been working in PR for at least 5 years.
- You are passionate about the tech and venture capital landscape.
- You have demonstrated success in securing top-tier press placements that have an impact on the client’s bottom line.
- You are a strategic partner with internal and external stakeholders and can think outside the box to create insightful and impactful media moments.
- You are a strong writer – persuasive, concise, creative, and quick!
- You are a strategic thinker, bring new ideas to the table, and love a good brainstorm.
- You have strong decision-making abilities and accountability.
- You are incredibly organized, detail oriented, and able to excel at managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- You’re willing to work select evenings/weekends and travel when necessary.
- You enjoy over-delivering rather than meeting expectations and take genuine pride in being part of something good.
You don’t HAVE to have this, but it sure would be nice:
- Advertising, gaming, and VR experience would be such a coup!
- Previous experience working with & managing teams in multiple locations
- You have an interest in progressive causes and campaigns
- You have digital integrated experience
- Previous experience using media research tools like Cision
$75,000 - $90,000 a year
Benefits x Perks
We go well beyond the benefits that you’re looking for like medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with matching, annual merit-based bonuses, PTO, fertility, FSA for medical, childcare, and commuter expenses. Sunshine Sachs Morgan & Lylis offers those benefits and many perks including, a flexible work schedule, Work from Anywhere program, Summer Fridays, Wellness Days, and a 4-week sabbatical or trip to celebrate select anniversaries. We love to socialize so, we have collaborative workspaces, some offices even have rooftops, celebrations, networking opportunities, and community volunteering. We frequently mark opportunities to listen, learn and act throughout the year (Juneteenth, Election Day, International Women’s Day, etc.).
SSM&L is committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and ability. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, identity and expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
From day one, employees are carefully matched with a mentor to guide them on their path to success. Training and mentoring are a big deal here and since we are into promoting from within, we make sure to provide more than enough tools for you to learn and grow. We are proud to offer training throughout the year on topics for professional growth as well as personal growth. We have also developed a series of teaching workshops that are structured for each level of the company. Sunshiners also take love to take advantage of the monthly Meet the Media series where media contacts provide valuable insider info for pitching them and their colleagues.