Junior Account Executive, Brand Integration
New York, NY /
Communications – Brand Integration /
Sunshine Sachs Morgan & Lylis is proud to represent clients across many industries including entertainment, social good, tech and lifestyle and we tell their stories through a variety of mediums. We know that even during the toughest times, our responsibility to our clients and each other can bring meaningful and long-lasting impact for those affected the most. We’re proud of each and every campaign we execute, but you may be wondering why we don’t have more than a landing page as our website. While many of our clients are household names (you know them, we’re sure of it), our digital footprint is purposefully small. We fly under the radar and we like it that way.
If you are fired up and ready to do good, join us!
We have an opening for a Junior Account Executive on our Brand Integration Team. The ideal person for this role is someone who can develop trusting relationships quickly and can think creatively about partnership opportunities, sponsorships and event activations. You have a creative and inventive voice and an opinion that matters (and you’re not afraid to voice it). “You have a pulse on the latest trends in pop culture and entertainment” – everyone says this but it’s true. You are in the know and consider yourself an authority on brand collaborations, strategic partnerships and event activations.
- Willingness and an interest to soak it all in; learn the ins and outs of integrated communications with a focus on brand integration.
- Assisting in developing and executing comprehensive marketing and brand integration strategies.
- Assisting in the drafting, editing and proofreading sponsorship decks and pitch materials, creative briefs, client materials, memos, agendas, briefing notes, and client correspondence.
- Scheduling and providing logistical support for client meetings.
- Supporting senior managers in achieving deliverables for a full roster of clients (average of 4 – 6).
- Monitoring news cycles and flagging “pop culture moments” and competitor news.
- Creating and maintaining lists! Lots of lists: brand contacts (across multiple categories – entertainment, lifestyle, media, beauty/fashion, tech, etc.) – to build relationships with new representatives and contacts, well-researched brand partnership and pop-culture event recommendation lists, status documents and others.
- Communicating effectively with senior staff on status of requested tasks and projects.
- Assisting in planning and executing brand partnerships and sponsorship activations at small and large scale event activations.
- Working with senior management to respond to client requests and ensure requests are taken care of in an efficient manner.
- Support administration of accounts including developing agendas, meeting recaps, activity reports, client status reports, budget trackers, etc.
You Should Apply If:
- You have 2+ years of experience in this industry (communications, entertainment, politics, public relations, etc.)
- You are eager and open to learning all aspects of integrated communications (media relations, social media, creative, brand integration, talent integration)
- You are a strong writer – persuasive, concise, creative, and quick!
- You are eager to network and build connections in the media industry.
- You are a strategic thinker, bring new ideas to the table, and love a good brainstorm.
- You have strong decision-making abilities and accountability; this is an important role, own it!
- You have an innate curiosity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- You are incredibly organized, detail oriented and able to excel at managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- You’re willing to work select evenings/weekends and travel when necessary.
- You enjoy overdelivering rather than meeting expectations and take genuine pride in being part of something good.
You don’t HAVE to have this, but it sure would be nice:
- You have secured and executed sponsorships for brands
- You have experience working with corporate clients and understand how to adjust to their specific needs
- You have experience working on paid integration opportunities in TV and Film and have a deep understanding of marketing opportunities with studios, networks and streaming services
- Previous experience working with teams in multiple locations (LA, DC, Austin, Austin, SF etc.)
- Experience work with a project manager on an integrated communications teams (assisting with talent integration, media relations, social media, creative, brand integration)
- Interests beyond brand marketing – we never like to stay in our lanes here and particularly like to combine entertainment and social good.
- Previous experience using marketing databases and research tools like WINMO.
$50,000 - $50,000 a year
Benefits x Perks
We go well beyond the benefits that you’re looking for like medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with matching, annual merit-based bonuses, PTO, fertility, FSA for medical, childcare, and commuter expenses. Sunshine Sachs Morgan & Lylis offers those benefits and many perks including, a flexible work schedule, Work from Anywhere program, Summer Fridays, Wellness Days, and a 4-week sabbatical or trip to celebrate select anniversaries. We love to socialize so, we have collaborative workspaces, some offices even have rooftops, celebrations, networking opportunities, and community volunteering. We frequently mark opportunities to listen, learn and act throughout the year (Juneteenth, Election Day, International Women’s Day, etc.).
SSM&L is committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and ability. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, identity and expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
From day one, employees are carefully matched with a mentor to guide them on their path to success. Training and mentoring are a big deal here and since we are into promoting from within, we make sure to provide more than enough tools for you to learn and grow. We are proud to offer training throughout the year on topics for professional growth as well as personal growth. We have also developed a series of teaching workshops that are structured for each level of the company. Sunshiners also take love to take advantage of the monthly Meet the Media series where media contacts provide valuable insider info for pitching them and their colleagues.