Account Director, Talent & Influencer Integration
New York, NY /
Public Relations – Talent Integration /
Sunshine Sachs is proud to represent clients across many industries including entertainment, social good, tech and lifestyle and we tell their stories through a variety of mediums. We know that even during the toughest times, our responsibility to our clients and each other can bring meaningful and long-lasting impact for those affected the most. We’re proud of each and every campaign we execute, but you may be wondering why we don’t have more than a landing page as our website. While many of our clients are household names (you know them, we’re sure of it), our digital footprint is purposefully small. We fly under the radar and we like it that way.
If you are fired up and ready to do good, join us!
We have an immediate opening for an Account Director in our New York office on our Talent & Influencer Integration Team. The ideal person for this role is someone who has developed deep relationships with talent/influencer publicists, managers and agencies. You have a creative and inventive voice and an opinion that matters (and you’re not afraid to voice it). “You have a pulse on the latest talent and influener trends” – (everyone says this but it’s true). This is a role for someone who has experience operating scaled influencer campaigns and can speak multi-dimensional and multi-platform influencer programs. You’re able to see the forest beyond the trees to develop truly integrated campaigns and manage a truly integrated team. You consider yourself an expert in both social media and talent/influencer relationships and you stay up late reading your feeds because you just can’t help yourself.
Our candidate is curious. The talent and influencer integration work we do crosses a wide range of industries including nonprofit, tech, lifestyle and corporate clients. They see this as a challenge and opportunity to grow their skills.
Our account directors lead accounts (no surprise there), counseling the client, providing fresh ideas, motivating the team, ensuring goals are being met and…they still pitch!
Our agency is integrated, and our Account Directors frequently work on accounts that involve aspects of media relations, brand integration, digital strategy, etc. While we don’t expect you to be fluent in all of these areas, we anticipate that this will excite you!
Core Skills & Responsibilities
A great Account Director truly excels at leading client accounts. They show tremendous leadership potential at the company. They are a positive influence, a team player, patient teachers and mentors to junior staff. They empower junior staff and help them grow. They are honest with themselves and upper management about their work. They have good instincts and challenge the team to think bigger. They are creative and push their account teams and the company to do better and think out of the box. They are solutions-oriented. They understand their clients’ business goals and are constantly mapping back to ensure our work is directly having an impact on them. They are not afraid to push back and challenge a client if the direction being given won’t result in the ROI they are looking for.
They delegate respectfully and effectively to junior staff. They are clear about deadlines, roles and responsibilities and expectations.
- Leading talent and influencer strategy and outreach on various client (brand and non-profit) teams
- Assisting in developing and executing comprehensive communications strategies.
- Considered a thought-leader of sorts, for the agency and clients.
- Partnering with our Digital/Social team on strategic positioning and content for posts.
- Training and mentoring junior staff on the inner workings and executions of talent/influencer integration, PR, media relations, social campaigns, and overall work approach. This is incredibly important to us!
- Managing and building on existing network of talent/influencer reps and entertainment/fashion/sports/tech industry contacts
- Planning, managing and executing talent/influencer moments such as large-scale launch events, influencer dinners, photo/PSA shoots and more.
- Achieving deliverables for a full roster of clients (average of 6 – 8).
- Participating in and/or leading new business meetings, creating proposals as needed.
- Regularly bringing new opportunities for clients – media meetings, key introductions, etc.
- Working with senior management to respond to client requests and ensure requests are taken care of in an efficient manner.
- Support administration of accounts including developing agendas, meeting recaps, activity reports, client status reports and budget trackers.
You should apply if:
- You have at least 7 years of talent/influencer integration experience with demonstrated success in the following areas: securing top-tier talent and influencers for paid/unpaid opportunities, developing and executing strategic talent/influencer plans, creating out-of-the-norm media moments, and managing staff.
- You’ve managed a team with direct oversight for at least 3 years (of those 8 mentioned above).
- You have a genuine interest in developing junior talent and empowering them to be A performers!
- You have a strong value and understanding of the rapid pace of consumer behavior and the influencer landscape.
- You are a strong writer – persuasive, concise, creative, and quick!
- You have a growing list of relationships with talent/influencer representatives across a variety of verticals and know how to leverage those relationships to secure impactful talent.
- You are a strategic thinker, bring new ideas to the table, and love a good brainstorm.
- You have strong decision-making abilities and accountability; this is an important role, own it!
- You have an innate curiosity and an entrepreneurial spirit…have a suggestion on making something better? We encourage you to do it!
- You are incredibly organized, detailoriented (see what I did there?), and able to excel at managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- You’re willing to work select evenings/weekends and travel when necessary – our clients often need us to GO, GO, GO!
- You enjoy overdelivering rather than meeting expectations and take genuine pride in being part of something good.
- You make friends wherever you go. I mean, your co-workers are basically your roommates…don’t be uncool 😉
You don’t HAVE to have this, but it sure would be nice:
- Previous experience working with & managing teams in multiple locations
- Experience serving as a project manager on integrated communications teams (overseeing talent integration, media relations, social media, creative, brand integration)
- Interests beyond influencer – we never like to stay in our lanes here and particularly like to combine entertainment and social good.
- Previous experience using influencer research tools like Celebrity Intelligence, IMDb Pro, HYPR.
Sunshine Sachs offers medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k), annual merit-based bonuses, PTO and commuter benefits. Additional perks include, Summer Fridays, frequent celebrations, a flexible work schedule and company-organized volunteer opportunities. We frequently identify company-wide opportunities to listen, learn and act throughout the year (Election Day, International Women’s Day, etc.).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, identity and expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
A Little More About Us:
Teaching and mentoring is an essential pillar at Sunshine. Through a company-wide mentor program, all Sunshiners are paired with both a mentee as well as a mentor who is invested in your success and growth. We organize monthly Meet the Media series during which media contacts visit the office to explain who they are, what they do and best practices for pitching them and their colleagues. We have also developed a series of teaching workshops that are structured for each level of the company. All Sunshiners participate by leading sessions for team members who are more junior to them.