Associate Creative Director
New York, NY /
Public Relations – Brand Studio /
Sunshine Sachs is proud to represent clients across many industries including entertainment, social good, tech and lifestyle and we tell their stories through a variety of mediums. We know that even during the toughest times, our responsibility to our clients and each other can bring meaningful and long-lasting impact for those affected the most. We’re proud of each and every campaign we execute, but you may be wondering why we don’t have more than a landing page as our website. While many of our clients are household names (you know them, we’re sure of it), our digital footprint is purposefully small. We fly under the radar and we like it that way.
If you are fired up and ready to do good, join us!
We’re looking for a dynamic, creative leader who can guide exciting projects for our wide roster of clients. If you are equally excited about creating brand identities, PSAs, Instagram content, and integrated campaigns, and are passionate about social good, technology, entertainment, retail, and education— this is the place for you. Are you constantly searching for next level trends and inspiration? Are you an inspiring and motivating leader? If so, read on!
- Lead Brand Studio creative work overseeing a range of client projects solving for business needs
- Manage and mentor a growing team of dedicated creatives, including copywriters and designers, helping to work through creative solutions and enhance creative thinking
- Help identify the strategic and conceptual direction across various projects, and guide the team through execution
- Manage the development of creative ideas across mediums (social, owned, video, brand identity, etc.)
- Partner with team leadership, brand strategy, account management, and interdisciplinary colleagues to create impactful integrated campaigns
- Contribute and help execute against new business pitches
- Build cross departmental relationships and a deep understanding of company services, and act as an ambassador for the Brand Studio department both internally and externally
To Be Considered for this Role You Must:
- Have 8+ years of experience in copy or design with a portfolio that showcases a breadth of thoughtful work including brand, digital, and marketing pieces
- Have 2+ years in creative leadership role
- Be passionate about the field of branding, social media, and advertising, and up-to-date with new technologies and trends
- Have experience and excitement for clients like a large tech company in the social good space, a new family foundation in need of branding, a global nonprofit needing a campaign that can speak to both consumers and talent, and a retail brand looking to embrace digital activations
- Be intellectually curious, including, but not limited to, staying up-to-date with industry developments, news, and our clients’ industries
- Have advanced interpersonal skills and are comfortable working with a multidisciplinary team
- Have excellent storytelling, presentation and verbal communication skills and an ability to sell work to clients
- Have a strong ability to provide clear creative direction and provide timely feedback to keep work on budget and schedule
- Be able to prioritizing multiple tasks and communicating project needs effectively
- Be a creative problem solver and have a can-do attitude
Sunshine Sachs offers medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k), annual merit-based bonuses, PTO and commuter benefits. Additional perks include, Summer Fridays, frequent celebrations, a flexible work schedule and company-organized volunteer opportunities. We frequently identify company-wide opportunities to listen, learn and act throughout the year (Election Day, International Women’s Day, etc.).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, identity and expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
A Little More About Us:
Teaching and mentoring is an essential pillar at Sunshine. Through a company-wide mentor program, all Sunshiners are paired with both a mentee as well as a mentor who is invested in your success and growth. We organize monthly Meet the Media series during which media contacts visit the office to explain who they are, what they do and best practices for pitching them and their colleagues. We have also developed a series of teaching workshops that are structured for each level of the company. All Sunshiners participate by leading sessions for team members who are more junior to them.