New York, NY /
Public Relations – Brand Studio /
Sunshine Sachs is proud to represent clients across many industries including entertainment, social good, tech and lifestyle and we tell their stories through a variety of mediums. We know that even during the toughest times, our responsibility to our clients and each other can bring meaningful and long-lasting impact for those affected the most. We’re proud of each and every campaign we execute, but you may be wondering why we don’t have more than a landing page as our website. While many of our clients are household names (you know them, we’re sure of it), our digital footprint is purposefully small. We fly under the radar and we like it that way.
If you are fired up and ready to do good, join us!
Our team works in tandem with colleagues with expertise across PR, talent, and brand partnerships. Our clients span a number of verticals—including social good and non-profit, lifestyle, tech, and entertainment. As such, it is critical that every team member is committed to building relationships and an atmosphere of support (i.e. leave egos at the door) to ensure the best possible outcomes for our clients and a positive work environment.
- Work with Creative Director to define and refine design strategy and execution
- Shape visual direction of design projects based on creative brief, including visual concept and execution style, and ensure deliverables are on brief and successful on both an aesthetic and functional level
- Lead visual brand development and brand refreshes—including logos, design systems, and brand guides
- Design original pieces, including posters, presentations, digital assets, infographics, and brand collateral
- Build cross departmental relationships and a deep understanding of company services, and act as an ambassador for the creative department both internally and externally.
- Mentor, direct, and inspire junior designers, including reviewing work and providing thoughtful feedback and supporting their professional growth
- Work in an integrated (PR, Digital, Creative) framework to deliver holistic concepts and design solutions
- Work directly with vendors to ensure deliverables are up to standard (including print, web, and video, as well as manage relationships with illustrators, photographers etc.)
· Lead creative brainstorms founded in design thinking and problem solving
To be considered for this role you will also:
- Have 5+ years of experience in design with a portfolio that showcases a breadth of beautiful and thoughtful design work including brand, digital, and marketing pieces
- Be passionate about the field of branding, design and advertising, and up-to-date with new design technologies and trends
- Exhibit a discerning sense of design, photography, and illustration—including confident typography and layout instincts
- Have expert proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (video editing, animation, photography, illustration skills a plus)
- Be intellectually curious, including, but not limited to, staying up-to-date with industry developments, news, and our clients’ industries
- Have advanced interpersonal skills and are comfortable working with a multidisciplinary teams
- Excellent presentation and verbal communication skills and an ability to sell your work to clients
- Thrive working independently and have strong organizational and time management skills, including prioritizing multiple tasks and communicating project needs effectively.
- Be a creative problem solver and can-do attitude
Sunshine Sachs offers medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k), annual merit-based bonuses, PTO and commuter benefits. Additional perks include, Summer Fridays, frequent celebrations, a flexible work schedule and company-organized volunteer opportunities. We frequently identify company-wide opportunities to listen, learn and act throughout the year (Election Day, International Women’s Day, etc.).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, identity and expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
A Little More About Us:
Teaching and mentoring is an essential pillar at Sunshine. Through a company-wide mentor program, all Sunshiners are paired with both a mentee as well as a mentor who is invested in your success and growth. We organize monthly Meet the Media series during which media contacts visit the office to explain who they are, what they do and best practices for pitching them and their colleagues. We have also developed a series of teaching workshops that are structured for each level of the company. All Sunshiners participate by leading sessions for team members who are more junior to them.