Senior Account Executive, Music & Entertainment
New York, NY /
Public Relations – Entertainment /
Sunshine Sachs is proud to represent clients across many industries including entertainment, social good, tech and lifestyle and we tell their stories through a variety of mediums. We know that even during the toughest times, our responsibility to our clients and each other can bring meaningful and long-lasting impact for those affected the most. We’re proud of each and every campaign we execute, but you may be wondering why we don’t have more than a landing page as our website. While many of our clients are household names (you know them, we’re sure of it), our digital footprint is purposefully small. We fly under the radar and we like it that way.
If you are fired up and ready to do good, join us!
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Account Executive in Music & Entertainment in our New York Office. What does this mean? You’re tuned into music trends i.e. digital streaming and how it has changed the industry. How the Latinx boom has become mainstream. You’re tuned into the latest (and more popular) music events and festivals and you have a strong hold of what music writers are covering, what they’re tuned into and have strong contacts in the scene. You’ve been doing this for a bit (about 5 years or so) and are looking for your next challenge and opportunity. You’re so focused on getting the best outcome that you don’t have time to get star-struck! We are looking for someone who wakes up every day checking everything from Consequence of Sound and Essence, Ebony, the Grio, to Spin, to the New York Times Arts & Leisure (yup! You’re well-rounded). We are major proponents of the generalist mentality, with an entrepreneurial spirit – you can speak on anything and are a Jack/Jane/Juan/Julia of all trades! 😊You must have a passion for all genres and experience working with artists and labels as well as album releases, tours and red-carpet events.
- Drafting, developing, and executing comprehensive communications strategies.
- Conducting regular and thorough research on various topics, flagging relevant news updates for teams/clients.
- Drafting, editing and proofreading materials including press releases, blog content, pitches, fact sheets, FAQs, briefing notes, and client correspondence.
- Planning and executing media-specific events including influencer events and press conferences. Support would include developing invite lists, managing RSVPs, wrangling media on-site, drafting and distributing post-event releases, etc.
- Partnering with senior managers on achieving deliverables for a full roster of clients (average of 4 – 6).
- Developing an impactful and trusting relationship with clients
- Managing media contact lists to build relationships with new publications and media contacts.
- Participating in new business meetings, creating proposals as needed.
- Regularly bringing new opportunities for clients – media meetings, key introductions, etc.
- Proactively mentor and teach junior team members on account teams (really important for us)
- Working with senior management to respond to client requests and ensure requests are taken care of in an efficient manner.
You Should Apply If:
- You have 5+ years of experience in communications, music, entertainment, talent integration, integrated media relations, etc.
- You have previous experience working with musicians and management and you’re able to cover a press day with management and their team, solo!
- You are eager and understand all aspects of integrated communications (media relations, social media, creative, brand integration, talent integration)
- You are a strong writer – creative, compelling, concise, and quick!
- You have a growing list of relationships with media across a variety of verticals but especially music writers and have a few “go to” journalists. You know how to leverage those relationships to secure impactful media opportunities.
- You are a strategic thinker, bring new ideas to the table, and love a good brainstorm.
- You have strong decision-making abilities and accountability; this is an important role, own it!
- You have great judgment and can make "the call" as needed.
- You have an innate curiosity and an entrepreneurial spirit…have a suggestion on making something better? We encourage you to do it!
- You are incredibly organized, detailoriented (see what I did there?), and able to excel at managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- You’re willing to work select evenings/weekends and travel when necessary – our clients often need us to GO, GO, GO!
- You enjoy overdelivering rather than meeting expectations and take genuine pride in being part of something good.
Sunshine Sachs offers medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k), annual merit-based bonuses, PTO and commuter benefits. Additional perks include, Summer Fridays, frequent celebrations, a flexible work schedule and company-organized volunteer opportunities. We frequently identify company-wide opportunities to listen, learn and act throughout the year (Election Day, International Women’s Day, etc.).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, identity and expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
A Little More About Us:
Teaching and mentoring is an essential pillar at Sunshine. Through a company-wide mentor program, all Sunshiners are paired with both a mentee as well as a mentor who is invested in your success and growth. We organize monthly Meet the Media series during which media contacts visit the office to explain who they are, what they do and best practices for pitching them and their colleagues. We have also developed a series of teaching workshops that are structured for each level of the company. All Sunshiners participate by leading sessions for team members who are more junior to them.