Account Director, Brand Studio
New York, NY /
Public Relations – Brand Studio /
Sunshine Sachs is proud to represent clients across many industries including entertainment, social good, tech and lifestyle and we tell their stories through a variety of mediums. We know that even during the toughest times, our responsibility to our clients and each other can bring meaningful and long-lasting impact for those affected the most. We’re proud of each and every campaign we execute, but you may be wondering why we don’t have more than a landing page as our website. While many of our clients are household names (you know them, we’re sure of it), our digital footprint is purposefully small. We fly under the radar and we like it that way.
If you are fired up and ready to do good, join us!
We have an immediate opening for an Account Director in our Brand Studio in New York. For this role, you need to have advanced skills in digital client leadership, have a deep understanding of the social media landscape and an interest in forecasting new trends and applying them to our work.
You must be able to offer up unique and creative ideas rooted in insight, and properly raise and implement solutions to client issues. Your analytical skills are tough to beat, and you must be able to strategize a best course of action based on research, data and measurement. Were you a leading member of a team that developed a full-scale social media marketing strategy and digital campaign? Can you manage clients like a pro? Are you inspired by industry innovation and awesome campaigns? You’re it for us!
- Develop and deepen relationships with internal and external key stakeholders, including clients and agency leadership
- Develop and conceptualize integrated and strategic social marketing plans and digital strategies for a variety of clients and industries – including campaign execution and management
- Partner across the agency with several verticals, including: Account leads, Talent/Influencer Team, Brand Integration Team, Crisis, Film & Entertainment, and Social Good
- Support the new business process, and play an active role in proposal, pitch and scope of work development
- Have an understanding of the paid media landscape, and the ability to strategize and execute paid social campaigns
- Inform on new platform updates and industry trends
- Lead integrated brainstorming of strategic and impactful campaign ideas, initiatives, and activities
- Partner with Senior Director and VP on planning internal agency thought leadership work
- Oversee AM’s within projects and client relationships
- Review and approve reports for social/digital activities that demonstrate ROI for clients and apply qualitative analytical skills to create insightful reporting that contains actionable analysis
- Provide project management support (timelines, budgets)
- Manage the development of unique POVs about the current digital and social landscape
- Assist in conceptualizing public relations and marketing strategies and ensuring that quality and relevant coverage is executed as developed
You Should Apply If:
- You demonstrate strong leadership skills
- You have a bachelor’s degree and 5-6 years of digital agency experience or working on digital/social strategies and campaigns.
- You’re highly organized and are able to juggle multiple accounts in a fast-paced environment
- You have 5-6 years of direct oversight with client accounts
- You have experience managing and mentoring junior staff
- You are familiar with a variety of social media platforms and reporting tools, or are willing to learn (including: NetBase, Google Analytics, Sprout Social, NewsWhip)
- You’re great at managing relationships, both internally and externally and really take the time to teach your junior peers – we encourage collaboration and mutual learning!
- You are comfortable presenting internally and externally, whether an idea for a campaign or results from a report
- You possess excellent writing skills, and a strongattentiontodetail (see what I did there?)
- You work effectively in a team environment; can be flexible and willing to jump in to help in various roles within the Social & Digital team – no hat is too big or small for you!
- You are a pro-active problem solver who knows when to ask the right questions
Sunshine Sachs offers medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k), annual merit-based bonuses, PTO and commuter benefits. Additional perks include, Summer Fridays, frequent celebrations, a flexible work schedule and company-organized volunteer opportunities. We frequently identify company-wide opportunities to listen, learn and act throughout the year (Election Day, International Women’s Day, etc.).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, identity and expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
A Little More About Us:
Teaching and mentoring is an essential pillar at Sunshine. Through a company-wide mentor program, all Sunshiners are paired with both a mentee as well as a mentor who is invested in your success and growth. We organize monthly Meet the Media series during which media contacts visit the office to explain who they are, what they do and best practices for pitching them and their colleagues. We have also developed a series of teaching workshops that are structured for each level of the company. All Sunshiners participate by leading sessions for team members who are more junior to them.