Account Director, Beauty & Lifestyle
Los Angeles, CA /
Communications – Lifestyle /
Sunshine Sachs Morgan & Lylis is proud to represent clients across many industries including entertainment, social good, tech and lifestyle and we tell their stories through a variety of mediums. We know that even during the toughest times, our responsibility to our clients and each other can bring meaningful and long-lasting impact for those affected the most. We’re proud of each and every campaign we execute, but you may be wondering why we don’t have more than a landing page as our website. While many of our clients are household names (you know them, we’re sure of it), our digital footprint is purposefully small. We fly under the radar and we like it that way.
If you are fired up and ready to do good, join us!
We are looking for a smart, enthusiastic and determined media relations Account Director to join our lifestyle team in LA. The ideal candidate is passionate about beauty, ranging from mass to prestige, and will have experience brand-building, launching campaigns, elevating the experts behind the formulations and putting their brands at the forefront of emerging trends. They will know which brands resonate on YouTube vs. Instagram and when a print feature makes all the difference. They will have a point of view about how Gen Z beauty standards are changing the industry and how DTC models are disrupting the traditional beauty landscape.
Our candidate is curious. While they will work on beauty, they are also likely to touch health, wellness and other lifestyle accounts. They see this as a challenge and opportunity to grow their skills.
Our account directors lead accounts (no surprise there), counseling the client, providing fresh ideas, motivating the team, ensuring goals are being met and…they still pitch! Our agency is integrated, and our Account Directors frequently work on accounts that involve aspects of brand integration, influencer integration, digital strategy, etc. While we don’t expect you to be fluent in all of these areas, we anticipate that this will excite you!
You Should Apply If
- You have a minimum of 8 years working in an agency setting or relevant industry (i.e. fashion, beauty, health, luxury, lifestyle public relations, integrated media relations, and strategic media planning.)
- You have established relationships with media
- You are comfortable leading an account with team members in other offices/geographies
- You are a skilled and highly-organized project manager
- You see and set big picture strategy at a higher level
- You live by the “we, not me” mentality
- You maintain a strong network of media contacts and has a track record of placing strategic high level stories
- You are able to manage a team of 2-5 people and developing them in their careers
- You’re willing to work select evenings/weekends and travel when necessary – our clients often need us to GO, GO, GO!
- You enjoy overdelivering rather than meeting expectations and take genuine pride in being part of something good.
You Don't HAVE to have this, but it would be nice:
- Interests beyond fashion and beauty – we never like to stay in our lanes here and see facets of niche industries where they never existed before (documentaries, tech, experiential museums, etc.)
- Previous experience working with & managing teams in multiple locations.
$95,000 - $110,000 a year
Salary range commensurate with experience plus bonus eligibility and benefits (more below)
Benefits x Perks
We go well beyond the benefits that you’re looking for like medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with matching, annual merit-based bonuses, PTO, fertility, FSA for medical, childcare, and commuter expenses. Sunshine Sachs Morgan & Lylis offers those benefits and many perks including, a flexible work schedule, Work from Anywhere program, Summer Fridays, Wellness Days, and a 4-week sabbatical or trip to celebrate select anniversaries. We love to socialize so, we have collaborative workspaces, some offices even have rooftops, celebrations, networking opportunities, and community volunteering. We frequently mark opportunities to listen, learn and act throughout the year (Juneteenth, Election Day, International Women’s Day, etc.).
SSM&L is committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and ability. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, identity and expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
From day one, employees are carefully matched with a mentor to guide them on their path to success. Training and mentoring are a big deal here and since we are into promoting from within, we make sure to provide more than enough tools for you to learn and grow. We are proud to offer training throughout the year on topics for professional growth as well as personal growth. We have also developed a series of teaching workshops that are structured for each level of the company. Sunshiners also take love to take advantage of the monthly Meet the Media series where media contacts provide valuable insider info for pitching them and their colleagues.