Junior Account Executive, Talent & Entertainment
Los Angeles, CA /
Public Relations – Entertainment /
Sunshine Sachs is proud to represent clients across many industries including entertainment, social good, tech and lifestyle and we tell their stories through a variety of mediums. We know that even during the toughest times, our responsibility to our clients and each other can bring meaningful and long-lasting impact for those affected the most. We’re proud of each and every campaign we execute, but you may be wondering why we don’t have more than a landing page as our website. While many of our clients are household names (you know them, we’re sure of it), our digital footprint is purposefully small. We fly under the radar and we like it that way.
If you are fired up and ready to do good, join us!
We have an immediate opening for a Junior Account Executive in based out of our Los Angeles Office focused on entertainment and talent. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who is interested in learning the ins and outs of personal representation, running a red carpet and everything in between. You have a strong foundation and a clear understanding of media relations, specifically in the entertainment space, and pop culture excites you! You know what it’s like to work under pressure and you thrive off a fast-paced environment. You have the ability to keep calm and maintain a level of confidentiality. You are exceptionally detail-oriented, you’re a creative thinker and can expertly coordinate across projects on the backend.
- Monitor the news for daily news breaks, servicing the client regularly;
- Assist in coordinating client requests as needed including but not limited to: schedules, glam/grooming, providing on-site staffing support when appropriate, participating in weekly calls.
- Coordinate administrative needs across accounts including scheduling, drafting and maintaining agendas and updates;
- Maintain media lists and begin to develop an arsenal of go-to reporters
- Support team leads in writing pitches and press releases, drafting media materials, vetting and credentialing media and more.
- Maintain current knowledge of trends in entertainment, lifestyle and culture arena.
- 2-3 years working at a PR firm in the entertainment industry or related field.
- At least 1 year working specifically managing talent either talent agency or management firm.
- Strong ability to network and maintain relationships.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Strong writing, research and organizational skills
- Creative thinking with a problem-solving and resourceful attitude.
- Experience working with talent.
- Tenacious follow through and attention to detail/organization.
- Able to work within an integrated agency model, collaborating well with internal groups when appropriate.
- Over-delivers rather than meets expectations and constantly strives for excellence.
- Curiosity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Sunshine Sachs offers medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k), annual merit-based bonuses, PTO and commuter benefits. Additional perks include, Summer Fridays, frequent celebrations, a flexible work schedule and company-organized volunteer opportunities. We frequently identify company-wide opportunities to listen, learn and act throughout the year (Election Day, International Women’s Day, etc.).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, identity and expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
A Little More About Us:
Teaching and mentoring is an essential pillar at Sunshine. Through a company-wide mentor program, all Sunshiners are paired with both a mentee as well as a mentor who is invested in your success and growth. We organize monthly Meet the Media series during which media contacts visit the office to explain who they are, what they do and best practices for pitching them and their colleagues. We have also developed a series of teaching workshops that are structured for each level of the company. All Sunshiners participate by leading sessions for team members who are more junior to them.