Senior Account Director, Consumer Tech & Brand
Los Angeles, CA /
Public Relations – Tech & Start Up /
Sunshine Sachs is proud to represent clients across many industries including entertainment, social good, tech and lifestyle and we tell their stories through a variety of mediums. We know that even during the toughest times, our responsibility to our clients and each other can bring meaningful and long-lasting impact for those affected the most. We’re proud of each and every campaign we execute, but you may be wondering why we don’t have more than a landing page as our website. While many of our clients are household names (you know them, we’re sure of it), our digital footprint is purposefully small. We fly under the radar and we like it that way.
If you are fired up and ready to do good, join us!
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Account Director. This role will work across high profile consumer technology brands and exciting startups, leading a dynamic mix of brand campaigns that grab the attention of customers.
It’s yours if you’re passionate about building the next great Fortune 500 company and remain calm under pressure. You have an extensive media network and excel at managing client account teams. You’re the type of person who can read a room well, you know when you command and own it, and you also know when you take a step back.
Our candidate is curious, with excellent writing skills. We’re looking for someone who can learn quickly and touch a variety of clients -- from high growth startups to established brands. Our clients span hardware, creativity, gaming, virtual reality, fintech, heathtech, and more, so the opportunity is endless.
As a member of our senior leadership team, our Senior Account Directors counsel the client, provide fresh ideas, motivate the team, ensure goals are being met, and generate results through pitching -- especially in consumer, lifestyle, and technology publications.
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial spirit who is excited about contributing to our growing technology practice, eager to mentor a team, and excellent at leading integrated communications accounts.
- Demonstrated passion and understanding of technology landscape
- Developing and executing comprehensive integrated media and communications strategies.
- Producing clear, persuasive content, including messaging, media pitches, event submissions, awards submissions, and more to help tell client’s stories
- Managing complex client issues and will see the client through stressful situations that will require thoughtful counsel.
- Leading client accounts.
- Contributing to business development, including new business and organic growth with existing clients
- Coordinating with other discipline experts (e.g. social media, paid media, design, crisis, brand integration, talent integration) as needed
- Mentoring junior staff and help motivate and coach team members; managing up to senior staff and consistently provide feedback that helps drive efficiency
- Responding to client requests and ensure requests are taken care of in an efficient manner.
- Support administration of accounts including budget trackers, contracts, and activity reports.
You Should Apply If:
- You have at least 8-10 years working in PR
- You’ve managed a team with direct oversight for at least 4 years
- You have demonstrated success in securing top-tier press placements that have an impact on the client’s bottom line.
- You know how to navigate financial stakeholders, thought leaders, and media.
- You are a strategic partner with internal and external stakeholders and can think outside the box to create insightful and impactful media moments.
- You are a strong writer – persuasive, concise, creative, and quick!
- You are a strategic thinker, bring new ideas to the table, and love a good brainstorm.
- You have strong decision-making abilities and accountability
- You have an innate curiosity and an entrepreneurial spirit
- You are incredibly organized, detail oriented, and able to excel at managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- You’re willing to work select evenings/weekends and travel when necessary
- You enjoy overdelivering rather than meeting expectations and take genuine pride in being part of something good.
Sunshine Sachs offers medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k), annual merit-based bonuses, PTO and commuter benefits. Additional perks include, Summer Fridays, frequent celebrations, a flexible work schedule and company-organized volunteer opportunities. We frequently identify company-wide opportunities to listen, learn and act throughout the year (Election Day, International Women’s Day, etc.).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, identity and expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
A Little More About Us:
Teaching and mentoring is an essential pillar at Sunshine. Through a company-wide mentor program, all Sunshiners are paired with both a mentee as well as a mentor who is invested in your success and growth. We organize monthly Meet the Media series during which media contacts visit the office to explain who they are, what they do and best practices for pitching them and their colleagues. We have also developed a series of teaching workshops that are structured for each level of the company. All Sunshiners participate by leading sessions for team members who are more junior to them.