Front Office Manager
New York, NY /
Public Relations – Admin /
Sunshine Sachs is proud to represent clients across many industries including entertainment, social good, tech and lifestyle and we tell their stories through a variety of mediums. We know that even during the toughest times, our responsibility to our clients and each other can bring meaningful and long-lasting impact for those affected the most. We’re proud of each and every campaign we execute, but you may be wondering why we don’t have more than a landing page as our website. While many of our clients are household names (you know them, we’re sure of it), our digital footprint is purposefully small. We fly under the radar and we like it that way.
If you are fired up and ready to do good, join us!
We have an immediate opening for a Front Office Manager for our New York Office. This role needs someone who has about 8 arms, is a natural host, and is incredibly organized. You are organized and have an overall “can-do” attitude. We are about 125 people in the New York office and have offices across the US so you’re comfortable managing meetings, planning activities, and coordinating with different time zones!
- Welcoming employees, clients and visitors throughout the day
- Fielding and answering inbound calls
- Manage receipt and disbursement of deliveries (packages, magazines, mail, flowers, etc.)
- Manage conference room requests and mitigate scheduling conflicts
- Maintain appearance of front office, kitchen, breakroom, and all common areas.
- Upkeep of multiple inventories such as: office supplies, coffee, milk – and place orders as needed
- Manage upkeep of stock room – lots of vendor goodies!
- Managing relationships with company vendors) – maintaining the COIs and ensure they are up-to-date
- Liaise with facility management vendors – including cleaning, catering, building inspections, security services and requests as needed
- Assist with the shipping and receiving of IT hardware for new employees, current employees and departing employees
- Assist in the planning and coordination of in-office and off-site office-wide activities
- Address employee queries and often FAQs regarding office management issues
- Arrange desk availability for visiting employees
- Welcoming new employees and giving all around office tour
You Should Apply if:
- You have previous experience in office management, administrative support or front office experience
- You are incredibly organized, detail oriented and able to excel at managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and Zoom and knowledge of general administrative responsibilities
- You value punctuality and find that if you’re on-time, you’re late
- Great written and verbal communication
- You welcome questions – this role is asked tons of questions daily 😊
- You have an interest in what’s going on in the world in politics and the social arena
- You enjoy overdelivering rather than meeting expectations and take genuine pride in being part of something good
Sunshine Sachs offers medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k), annual merit-based bonuses, PTO and commuter benefits. Additional perks include, Summer Fridays, frequent celebrations, a flexible work schedule and company-organized volunteer opportunities. We frequently identify company-wide opportunities to listen, learn and act throughout the year (Election Day, International Women’s Day, etc.).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, identity and expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
A Little More About Us:
Teaching and mentoring is an essential pillar at Sunshine. Through a company-wide mentor program, all Sunshiners are paired with both a mentee as well as a mentor who is invested in your success and growth. We organize monthly Meet the Media series during which media contacts visit the office to explain who they are, what they do and best practices for pitching them and their colleagues. We have also developed a series of teaching workshops that are structured for each level of the company. All Sunshiners participate by leading sessions for team members who are more junior to them.