Filmmaker, Branded Video
Downtown Los Angeles, CA
We’re looking for a seasoned filmmaker to join the Super Deluxe brand studio. This candidate needs to be able to expertly ideate and execute video concepts that balance what the Super Deluxe audience wants and what a brand wants. The branded team oversees all elements of brand partnerships and branded video. Our branded video spans 15 second Instagram shorts, to 90-minute live television productions, to globe-spanning 360 and VR epics. We execute video on every social platform and build to specific client goals and KPIs. Above all, we’re the smartest, fastest growing entertainment company out there and our branded team is leading the industry.
The ideal person is a highly collaborative filmmaker with both editorial and client-direct or creative agency experience. In addition to standard Creative Producer responsibilities, we’re looking for someone with a passion for storytelling on social media and emerging platforms; an ability to both think big and execute on a budget; a skill for coming up with unique ideas that integrate brands without compromising quality; and the ambition to work in a fast-paced, high-impact environment that requires everyone involved be ready to pivot rapidly.
The role reports to the Creative Director of the Super Deluxe Brand Team. This is a client-facing role that will work with sales and account management to help execute on sold programs and ensure client needs are fulfilled every step of the way.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Lead all aspects of custom video content development, contributing to ideation, scripting, pre-production, production/shooting, post-production, and finishing processes
- Ideate and develop videos designed for consumption across all available platforms, including on-site, YouTube, Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, and Instagram Stories
- Participate in creative brainstorms in response to RFPs to come up with unique video concepts and oversee mock creation
- Work closely with performance and dev teams to implement best user experience practices
- Source and oversee freelance network of editors, writers, and post-production professionals
- Proactively leverage Super Deluxe technology, audience data, and social resources
- Collaborate closely with Content Team (Creative Strategists and Editors) to bring treatments to life
- Stay abreast of trends and competitor’s work in the space
- Present pitches, proposals, creative treatments, etc. to clients
- Create and implement video best practices and process
- Work closely with Project Managers and Producers to keep projects on budget and on schedule
- Title design, GFX and basic motion graphics
- Amend, revise and/or redevelop concepts based on internal and client feedback
- Create videos that intelligently target particular KPI, as determined during pitch process
WHAT DO WE REQUIRE FROM YOU?
- Proven track record shooting with FS7, A7S or DSLR
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro (preferred) or Avid/Final Cut Pro
- Comfortable writing/creating scripts, treatments, shot lists and storyboards as needed
- Proven track record of gathering and providing feedback on edits
- 3-5 years as a Video Producer, Editor, or Creative Director leading a video team in Marketing, Advertising, or Publishing
- Must have great communication skills and be able to give and receive critical feedback in a small team environment
- Must be meticulous, technical, organized, and creative at the same time
- Experienced in deadline driven environment and internet video
- Passion for visually led, long-form digital storytelling
- Strong collaboration skills with designers, editors and project managers
- Ability to facilitate the creative development process, including providing clear direction, and producing work cost effectively and on schedule
- Entrepreneurial mindset with demonstrated ability to build out a team, lead and work independently
- Strong client presentation skills
- Knowledge of emerging media storytelling tools, including AR, VR, 360, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in video or related field
- A robust understanding of the production and post-production processes
- Demonstrated excellence in multiple video formats on a variety of platforms
- Familiarity with social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, and Instagram
- A knowledge of and passion for Super Deluxe’s editorial tone and mission
Super Deluxe is a division of Turner. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.