Engineering Support Technician
Cambridge, Massachusetts /
Hardware Engineering – Hardware Engineering /
Superpedestrian is engineering the future of micromobility. The Superpedestrian team is composed of some of the most talented operations specialists, policy managers, designers and engineers, all focused on transforming the future urban mobility. Our scooters, called LINK, were designed to prioritize safety from the inside out, and our Superpedestrian team is dedicated to building meaningful local and city partnerships across the world. Join us!
Superpedestrian is looking for an Engineering Support Technician to join our engineering team at our company headquarters in Cambridge, MA! This candidate will support the various engineering teams in the development, testing, and eventual deployment of new vehicles and technology. You should have: experience working with electromechanical systems (preferably Micromobility vehicles), an ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities, excellent communication skills, and an ability to learn new concepts and technologies quickly. Compensation will be adjusted based on experience and skills of potential candidates.
What you'll do:
- Report to the Hardware Verification & Sustaining team
- Assist in the preparation and testing of hardware and vehicle systems to support both new development as well as maintenance of our current scooter vehicle technology
- Assist the onsite Fabrication Engineer in maintaining functionality of our machine shop and producing and assembling prototype designs or parts for the field
- Complete ride testing of new vehicle technology across the greater Boston area to support the AI team’s efforts to bring cutting edge features to market
- Support the Failure Review Board (FRB) through testing of returned failed components from the field
- Work with the Technical Writer to help maintain and improve the KnowledgeOwl maintenance manual to help support Technicians in our field markets
- Opportunity to travel to markets for testing, knowledge sharing, and continuous cross-team development
- Assist the Office Manager to ensure the space at HQ is functional and safe, including but not limited to: Scrap removal, receiving of testing supplies and vehicles, organization, functional improvements to the machine shop and lab spaces.
What we're looking for:
- Minimum: Completion of high school or vocational school
- Desired: 2 or 4 year Technical Degree
- Passion for technology development and the growth of the Micromobility industry
- At least 1 year experience working with Micromobility vehicles similar to: Scooters, Bikes, Trikes, light electric vehicles (LEVs), etc
- Experience tinkering with technologies through Makerspaces, startup experience, or personal projects
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work with managers from multiple teams
- Some experience in or exposure to working with electronic systems including: 3D printers, IoT devices, Raspberry Pis, Arduinos, basic Python tools, and/or field tools like CAN scope
- A willingness to learn and work in a Machine Shop environment
- An ability to lift up to 35 lbs
- A high GSD factor - “Get Stuff Done”
- Competitive benefits with company subsidized medical, dental, vision & disability insurance and a 401k plan. Generous time off policy.
- On the job training with a leadership team that is committed to growth and development of all employees.
- A team of awesome, like-minded, driven people that support each other, and mentors from across the top echelons of industry.
- The chance to have your voice heard and help shape Superpedestrian’s future.
- A commitment to an actively anti-racist environment.
Superpedestrian actively encourages applicants of all backgrounds. If you think you meet most of the requirements, but not every single point on the job description, please apply! We’d love to have a chat and see if you'd be a great addition to our team.