Micro Soldering Technician - Cambridge, MA
Cambridge, Massachusetts /
Hardware Engineering – Hardware Engineering /
Superpedestrian is engineering the future of micromobility. The Superpedestrian team is composed of some of the most talented operations specialists, policy managers, designers and engineers, all focused on transforming the future urban mobility. Our scooters, called LINK, were designed to prioritize safety from the inside out, and our Superpedestrian team is dedicated to building meaningful local and city partnerships across the world. Join us!
Superpedestrian is seeking an Electronics Technician to support the design, development, integration, and testing of embedded electronics. The work will include PCBA rework, harness building, test assembly creation, troubleshooting, and electromechanical assembly.
What you’ll do:
- PCBA assembly tasks including soldering surface mount PCBA components
- Build cables and wire harnesses from sketches and document the design
- Use electronic lab equipment (e.g. DMMs, oscilloscopes, power supplies) to test and troubleshoot electrical modules
- Rework surface mount PCBAs
- Help design and deploy test fixtures for electronic and mechanical tests using Arduinos, Raspberry Pis and other off-the-shelf control equipment
- Build and assemble complex electro-mechanical assemblies
- 2-3 years of hands on experience required (see Required Skills above)
- Must be able to commute to Cambridge, MA office at least 4 times a week
- An Associates or technical degree preferred
- Handling, direct-soldering, and removal (rework) of small SMT IC and passive packages (QFN, LQFP packages, and e.g., 0402s, 0603s)
- Familiarity with JIRA or related project-organizing methods
- Demonstrated troubleshooting ability, to the component and basic circuit level
- Capable in written and verbal communication, including use of Word, Excel
- Familiar and capable of oscilloscope use and bench top equipment (e.g., power supplies) to debug or troubleshoot components and circuits
- Familiar w/ECAD S/W tools (e.g., Altium) as reference for build and debug work
- Record-keeping and activities for electronic stock maintenance
- Ability to work with limited supervision; self-starter oriented
- Experience with PCBA SMT rework
- Experience using electronic assembly tools such as soldering irons, solder removal, and crimp tools
- Ability to interpret mechanical drawings, electrical schematics, and wiring diagrams
- Basic familiarity with circuit technical operation (as required for debug).
- General skill in hands-on project work
Nice to Have Skills:
- Basic level experience with MCAD tools (e.g., Solidworks)
- Experience writing software for Arduinos or other small single-board computers
- Ability to use machine shop tools such as mill, lathe, 3D printing, etc.
Competitive benefits with company subsidized medical, dental, vision & disability insurance and a 401k plan. Generous time off policy.
On the job training with a leadership team that is committed to growth and development of all employees.A team of awesome, like-minded, driven people that support each other, and mentors from across the top echelons of industry.
The chance to have your voice heard and help shape Superpedestrian’s future.
Equity in a fast growing company.
A commitment to an actively anti-racist environment.
Superpedestrian actively encourages applicants of all backgrounds. If you think you meet most of the requirements, but not every single point on the job description, please apply! We’d love to have a chat and see if you'd be a great addition to our team.