Boston, Massachusetts /
Strategy & Policy – Proposals /
Full Time - Remote
Superpedestrian is engineering the future of micromobility. The Superpedestrian team is composed of some of the most talented operations specialists, policy managers, designers and engineers, all focused on transforming the future urban mobility. Our scooters, called LINK, were designed to prioritize safety from the inside out, and our Superpedestrian team is dedicated to building meaningful local and city partnerships across the world. Join us!
Superpedestrian is seeking a talented Proposal Manager to support city proposal development and market engagement for Superpedestrian’s growing micromobility business. The candidate will be a key Proposal team member, creating compelling strategic proposals and engaging in cross-functional work to translate Superpedestrian’s technology and vision into written submissions.
This is a fast-moving sector, and we are right at the forefront of technological innovation. As a Proposal Manager, you’ll work closely with our Head of Proposals and our Policy Managers across a wide range of projects and cities across the States. You will make a decisive contribution to the success of our company by helping to develop our content strategy - by placing the right strategic messages in the city proposals.
What you’ll do:
- Support content development and audit the contributions to deliver a complete and winning response.
- Effectively source content to the knowledge libraries, relevant presentations, briefing papers, case studies etc.
- Assist in managing, developing, and improving the content and knowledge libraries.
- Responsible for the end-to-end tender process (tender, bid, Request for Proposals, etc); from the pre-tender stage through to in-life tender management and submission.
- Support the creation of effective win strategies and challenge them in partnership with various internal stakeholders and business development managers.
- Set out the process/planning for tenders in such a way that it allows the necessary strategy/win theme conversations to take place so that the required stakeholders review them.
- Kick off the effort and manage regular communication, including status and review meetings.
- Build a tender plan, provide response allocations and timelines to respond.
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor's degree or higher, in Journalism, Communications, Political Science, Public Administration or a related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- At least two years of experience in tech, mobility, sustainability, or policy fields, but we will consider candidates with experience in other fields if they meet our other requirements. Bid management, proposal writing, or sales experience will be valued.
- A Marketing, Sales, Communications, or Urban planning background will be valuable.
- Native verbal and written communication skills in English. Other language skills are a plus.
- You can translate complex technical details and processes into plain English, underpinned with honesty and humor. You think less about feature descriptions and more about the problems/benefits and desires and use these to create benefit-oriented content and proposals.
- Excellent organizer and project manager; Ability to work on multiple projects with different objectives simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Work well under pressure, meeting deadlines whilst remaining supportive and positive.
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to communicate with colleagues and managers.
- Good time management skills, including prioritizing, scheduling, and adapting as necessary.
- Online passionate, you will work remotely.
Competitive benefits with company subsidized medical, dental, vision & disability insurance and a 401k plan. Generous time off policy.
On the job training with a leadership team that is committed to growth and development of all employees.A team of awesome, like-minded, driven people that support each other, and mentors from across the top echelons of industry.
The chance to have your voice heard and help shape Superpedestrian’s future.
Equity in a fast growing company.
A commitment to an actively anti-racist environment.
Superpedestrian actively encourages applicants of all backgrounds. If you think you meet most of the requirements, but not every single point on the job description, please apply! We’d love to have a chat and see if you'd be a great addition to our team.