Android Engineer - Remote, EMEA
Naples, Italy /
Software Engineering – Software Engineering /
Permanent - Remote
Superpedestrian is engineering the future of micromobility. The Superpedestrian team is composed of some of the most talented operations specialists, policy managers, designers and engineers, all focused on transforming the future urban mobility. Our scooters, called LINK, were designed to prioritize safety from the inside out, and our Superpedestrian team is dedicated to building meaningful local and city partnerships across the world. Join us!
We are seeking an Android Developer to join the Superpedestrian consumer software team. The ideal candidate will take a prominent role in pushing our Android app forward. There are currently several opportunities open in the software team so we are looking for candidates at different stages of their career. Don’t hesitate to apply if you only meet some of the preferred qualifications, or if you feel you’re overqualified. This is a position where you will have the opportunity to shape your responsibilities based on the skills you bring to the table.
What you'll do:
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design and ship new features
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability and general reliability
- Work on improving application performance and bug fixes
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency and application performance
- Participate in cross-team peer code reviews
- Participate in Agile Scrum sprint and release planning
Who you are:
- 3+ years of industry experience in Android development
- 2+ years of Kotlin experience
- Experience with Kotlin coroutines and flows
- Experience with the Android build tooling (Gradle)
- Experience with MVVM Architecture
- Experience integrating apps with server side API
- Experience developing consumer facing apps
- Working knowledge of database systems
- Experience with Bluetooth device integration is a plus
Nice To Have
- Experience with Jetpack Compose
- Experience with Dependency Injection Tools
- We’re different.
- We are born of engineers, not venture capitalists. Our control centre and test labs are located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, alongside MIT and Harvard University. We have some of the sharpest minds in the industry, and we hold more than 30 patents for our amazing technologies. None of our competitors come close.
- LINK is the result of eight years developing our artificial intelligence-driven safety platform, and two years designing a robust chassis and efficient powertrain to match. We take our time to get our technology, our operations and our recruitment just right, because we think long-term.
- And we’re growing fast. You’ll have the opportunity to shape our company and the way we work, and make a real difference to communities through our services.
Superpedestrian actively encourages applicants of all backgrounds. If you think you meet most of the requirements, but not every single point on the job description, please apply! We’d love to have a chat and see if you'd be a great addition to our team.