Director of Proposals and Market Development - Remote, US
Washington, DC /
Central Operations – Central Operations /
Full Time - Remote
Superpedestrian is engineering the future of micromobility. The Superpedestrian team is composed of some of the most talented operations specialists, policy managers, designers and engineers, all focused on transforming the future urban mobility. Our scooters, called LINK, were designed to prioritize safety from the inside out, and our Superpedestrian team is dedicated to building meaningful local and city partnerships across the world. Join us!
Superpedestrian is seeking an experienced Director of Market Development to own market engagement and proposal development for Superpedestrian’s growing micromobility business. This role will apply to cities across North America and Europe. The candidate will be a key member of the team identifying strategic growth opportunities, creating compelling content and engaging in cross-functional work to translate Superpedestrian’s technology and vision into written submissions.
The ideal candidate has a demonstrated passion for micromobility and improving transportation in cities. This role is an opportunity to be directly involved in transforming sustainable urban mobility in a rapidly growing organization.
What You'll Do:
- Work cross-functionally with policy managers to identify city priorities and develop winning proposals
- Analyze city rules and regulations to ensure that all proposals are compliant
- Manage a team of global Proposal Managers
- Directly engage policymakers and administrative staff to educate stakeholders about Superpedestrian’s LINK scooter and the Company’s vision for solving transportation problems in cities.
- Develop and edit compelling and concise presentations, proposals, and messaging for various stakeholders to communicate Superpedestrian’s unique value proposition.
- Create processes for proposal and content development
- Conduct competitive analyses to inform proposal development and company priorities
- Track and advise on important changes in product, legal and operational priorities
- Collaborate with marketing and communications teams.
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience in government or government relations is expected, but we will consider candidates with less experience if they meet our other requirements.
- Demonstrated understanding of transportation policy, especially micromobility/mobility policy
- Experience working with external consultants and organizations related to public policy issues.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and an ability to speak publicly and develop proposal materials.
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Strategic, creative-minded team player and self-starter.
- Passion for mobility and improving transportation.
- Ability to get things done and comfort working with ambiguity, complexity, and interdependencies in an organized and structured way.
- You are able to travel domestically as needed.
Superpedestrian actively encourages applicants of all backgrounds. If you think you meet most of the requirements, but not every single point on the job description, please apply! We’d love to have a chat and see if you'd be a great addition to our team.