Software Engineering Manager - Remote, US
Atlanta, Georgia /
Software Engineering – Software Engineering /
Full Time - Remote
Superpedestrian is engineering the future of micromobility. The Superpedestrian team is composed of some of the most talented operations specialists, policy managers, designers and engineers, all focused on transforming the future urban mobility. Our scooters, called LINK, were designed to prioritize safety from the inside out, and our Superpedestrian team is dedicated to building meaningful local and city partnerships across the world. Join us!
The software team at Superpedestrian works on our scooter and electric bike fleet management and Vehicle Intelligence system. This includes backend and APIs to support the rich data we collect, communication and security for IoT, manufacturing integration, research and support tools, mobile SDKs and much more! We’re a tight knit, industrious bunch and we are seeking a Software Engineering Manager to join the team. The ideal candidate has strong skills in backend development, optimizing algorithms and database structures, but can contribute on multiple levels.
What you'll do:
- Manage a growing payments engineering team to deliver on key company goals as it relates to retention, billing conversions, and fraud detection.
- Have regular 1:1s with your team and perform annual performance evaluations.
- Maintain our happy and healthy culture, and advocate for your engineers across the company.
- Act as the hiring manager for the payments team, screening resumes, performing interviews, and growing the team with the best talent the world has to offer.
- Triage Jira tickets as they are filed. Ensure the important work gets done and that the engineers’ workloads are well balanced
- Have a sense of a management style that works for you, a leadership approach, and a philosophy that is flexible to adjust to the needs and style of your team
- Define goals and timelines, unblock obstacles, tackle questions and challenges that arise so your team can continue to focus on programming.
- Ensure your team’s codebase, tooling & dependencies are up to date.
- Work with engineering and product leadership to develop a vision and roadmap for the team
- Design an agile process that ensures the team is consistently shipping value while executing on their roadmap
- Partner with your Product Manager to define business roadmaps, OKRs, and success metrics. Be the glue between the business and technical worlds, internalizing the Payments domain and being able to substitute the team's PM when necessary
Who you are:
- 8+ years of industry experience building scalable backend services.
- 1+ years of technical Lead or mentorship experience
- Demonstrated ability to hire and support engineers in their career progression
- Strong computer science fundamentals, ideally from a computer science degree
- Experience collaborating with product managers, and other engineering leaders.
- Experience with Python and other scripting language
- Experience with Django, Rails, Node or similar web framework
- Experience with RESTful web services, JSON
- Working knowledge of database systems such as PostgreSQL, NoSQL (MongoDB)
- Experience with Payment systems is a plus.
- Competitive benefits with company subsidized medical, dental, vision & disability insurance and a 401k plan. Generous time off policy.
- On the job training with a leadership team that is committed to growth and development of all employees.A team of awesome, like-minded, driven people that support each other, and mentors from across the top echelons of industry.
- The chance to have your voice heard and help shape Superpedestrian’s future.
- Equity in a fast growing company.
- A commitment to an actively anti-racist environment.
Superpedestrian actively encourages applicants of all backgrounds. If you think you meet most of the requirements, but not every single point on the job description, please apply! We’d love to have a chat and see if you'd be a great addition to our team.