Nottingham, United Kingdom /
Market Operations – EMEA Field Operations /
Superpedestrian is engineering the future of micromobility. The Superpedestrian team is composed of some of the most talented operations specialists, policy managers, designers and engineers, all focused on transforming the future urban mobility. Our scooters, called LINK, were designed to prioritize safety from the inside out, and our Superpedestrian team is dedicated to building meaningful local and city partnerships across the world. Join us!
What you'll do:
* Assist in the assembly, quality control, and deployment of scooters as they're built.
* Perform routine maintenance and on-demand repairs on all scooters in the fleet.
* Maintain a sense of ownership over the warehouse, the scooters in the fleet and their condition.
* Lead the mechanics' team in the warehouse. Have a sense of urgency to distribute and streamline the workflow of triaged scooters.
* Track and Monitor scooters after repair.
* Monitor and push, if when necessary, OTA updates to scooters in the field.
* Keep an accurate inventory of parts, including receiving and monthly counts.
* Identify mechanical trends and common repairs and share them with the company.
* Work alongside the mechanics' team on new and ageing tickets.
* Meet with the mechanics’ team daily to discuss immediate tasks needing attention and/or completion.
* Coordinate with the Regional Repair Manager in uploading and diagnosing system reports.
* Attend weekly meetings with the Regional Repairs Manager.
What you'll bring:
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be able to lift a 50+ pound scooter repeatedly.
- Able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and communicate efficiently with managers.
- Have a positive and professional attitude towards your work.
- Resilient under pressure.
- Strong Mechanical Skills (Friends call you a mechanical enthusiast).
- Have 6+ months of experience required, experience as a service manager, lead shop mechanic, or fleet mechanic preferred.
- Tech-savvy, with the ability to document and communicate software bugs.
- Basic computer skills (Google Suite/ Microsoft Office). Computer literate.
- Knowledge of Inventory Control and OrganizationFluent in English.
- You have a basic understanding of coding (Basic Java and HTML).
- Experience with Jira (Opening and Closing Service Tickets).
- Submitting Compliance Forms.
- Driving license.
- Open availability is a plus
Superpedestrian actively encourages applicants of all backgrounds. If you think you meet most of the requirements, but not every single point on the job description, please apply! We’d love to have a chat and see if you'd be a great addition to our team.