Manager of Communications
Communications & Marketing /
Join a leading insurtech company that is unlocking the potential of digital insurance to help everyone protect what matters most! Are you up for the challenge?
Sure was founded in 2015 and is the digital insurance platform that empowers brands and carriers to distribute products quickly. Our solutions reach and engage customers wherever they are on their journey. We are on a mission to provide a hassle-free way to buy insurance anywhere by powering insurance carriers and brands with our SaaS platform. Together we are building products that make digital insurance accessible to all.
🤝 Culture is everything. Join an incredible team of smart, passionate, collaborative and driven individuals. We empower our teams and promote autonomy and independence wherever we can.
🌐 We are remote first. Work from anywhere in the United States.
🏆 Strive for greatness. We’ve been named 13th Fastest Growing Company by Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Best Place to Work in 2022 by Built In and recognized for Transforming the Global Insurance Industry by InsurTech 100.
💰Funding. In October 2021, we raised $100M in our Series C with a $550M valuation.
Sure is hiring a Manager of Communications to join its team to drive greater awareness of Sure as the definitive leader of the digital insurance movement. Partnering with stakeholders across the business, you will act as a communications generalist, collaborating to drive reactive and proactive communications activities.
A storyteller at heart with a love for language, you are an experienced communicator who is capable of handling multiple assignments, meeting tight deadlines, and seeing a project through from start to finish with minimal supervision. Reporting to Sure’s Head of Communications, this is a highly visible role within the company and you will be empowered with the autonomy and responsibility to drive various elements of Sure’s communications activities.
Our ideal candidate is someone with exceptional experience driving meaningful communications outcomes in support of company goals in B2B technology. If you are a motivated, self-starter who is hungry for the opportunity to take the next step in your career by helping to build a comprehensive communications program from the ground up, please read on.
What you’ll be doing:
- Build and execute proactive communications activities to drive greater awareness of Sure as the leader in digital insurance and help Sure stand out in the crowded insurtech space
- Develop and execute integrated communications plans in support of product launches, corporate announcements, and more, inclusive of goals, strategy, and tactics
- Conceptualize and execute on proactive, strategic story placements in national and trade publications
- Build and maintain relationships with key reporters covering Sure and our space
- Partner with stakeholders across the business in support of communications activities
- Support executive communications programs, including speaking, awards, content, and social media activities
- Own Sure’s award and recognition program, accountable for tracking key dates and submitting all applications
- Partner with and direct the work of Sure’s outside PR consultant on all communications activities within assigned portfolio
- Lead media monitoring activities and monthly reporting on communications activities of Sure and its competitors
- Support internal communications activities, including town halls, company-wide announcements, etc
- Write press releases, statements, bylines, pitches, and all other communications materials
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or related field with six or more years of experience as a communicator in B2B tech either in-house or at an agency, ideally with a combination of both
- Established relationships with business and technology reporters. Relationships with reporters at insurance, insurtech, and/or fintech trades would be a huge plus
- Proven track record of designing and executing successful communications campaigns
- Demonstrable experience securing proactive earned media with a portfolio of results to showcase
- Experience and gravitas working directly with executives and supporting executive communications programs
- A very strong writer with exquisite attention to detail in producing written content
- A creative, outside-the-box communicator who is constantly surveying the landscape for new approaches to delivering earned media results
- Comfort and experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience with communications software and tools such as Business Wire, Meltwater, Muck Rack, etc
- Experience in the insurtech and/or fintech space is highly desirable, but not required
What we do for you:
- Unlimited PTO… no really, we want you to take it!
- Mental Health Breaks - company provided meditation app and a weekly wellness hour
- WFH stipend to help you work your best while being remote
- Countless Medical, Dental and Vision plans … we are an insurtech company after all!
- Equity and 401K
- Generous parental leave
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For more information, visit https://www.sureapp.com/. Follow @SureHQ on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Employment at Sure is contingent upon a satisfactory verification of a general and criminal background check and education and employment verification. Upon an offer of employment, all prospective employees may be required to complete an employment application. Any background verifications will be obtained with written consent from the individual.