Director of Content
Communications & Marketing /
Join a leading insurtech company that is unlocking the potential of digital insurance to help everyone protect what matters most! Are you up for the challenge?
Sure was founded in 2015 and is the digital insurance platform that empowers brands and carriers to distribute products quickly. Our solutions reach and engage customers wherever they are on their journey. We are on a mission to provide a hassle-free way to buy insurance anywhere by powering insurance carriers and brands with our SaaS platform. Together we are building products that make digital insurance accessible to all.
🤝 Culture is everything. Join an incredible team of smart, passionate, collaborative and driven individuals. We empower our teams and promote autonomy and independence wherever we can.
🌐 We are remote first. Work from anywhere in the United States.
🏆 Strive for greatness. We’ve been named 13th Fastest Growing Company by Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Best Place to Work in 2022 by Built In and recognized for Transforming the Global Insurance Industry by InsurTech 100.
💰Funding. In October 2021, we raised $100M in our Series C with a $550M valuation.
Sure is hiring its first-ever Director of Content, responsible for all facets of Sure’s content engine to drive greater awareness of Sure as the definitive leader of the digital insurance movement. Partnering with stakeholders across the business, you will build a world-class, multi-channel, multi-format content program that strengthens Sure’s brand, engages new and existing customers, and drives conversion. From Sure’s blog, to customer case studies, to whitepapers, to research, to social media, you’ll own it all – and then some.
This being both a new role and a new function of the Sure team, this is an excellent opportunity for a skilled and experienced content professional to come in and build the program from the ground up. Reporting to and working alongside Sure’s Head of Communications, you will be responsible for owning the strategy, building the program, and executing Sure’s content machine.
Our ideal candidate is someone with deep experience creating corporate and B2B content that builds organic brand awareness and drives sales conversion. If you are a motivated, self-starter who is hungry for the opportunity to take the next step in your career by building from scratch a world-class content program for an exciting high-growth technology company, please read on.
What you'll be doing:
- Define Sure’s content objectives and goals and own the end-to-end content program, strategy, editorial calendar, execution, and budget.
- Write blog posts, whitepapers, newsletters, customer case studies, emails, social copy, infographics, video scripts, and more for delivery across owned and paid channels.
- Become an expert on our target audiences and how to develop content that has the greatest impact and resonance in both reaching them and influencing buying decisions.
- Work with executives and subject matter experts inside and outside the company to produce thought leadership content.
- Drive creative thinking to develop high-performing content that drives engagement and grows our audiences.
- Collaborate with the communications and marketing team as well as stakeholders across the company to develop an annual and quarterly editorial calendar.
- Work with the design team to develop best-in-class visual elements to complement and enhance the content you develop.
- Grow top of funnel leads and brand awareness through content production and go-to-market delivery.
- Partner with the digital marketing and sales teams to deliver content to desired audiences that drive qualified lead generation.
- Consistently measure and evaluate content performance data and insights to continually refine Sure’s content mix and strategy to results.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree with eight or more years of experience managing and scaling content marketing functions at hyper-growth technology companies.
- Experience building a robust and scalable content engine.
- Exceptional storyteller that can create well-researched, original, and differentiated content as well as innovative content marketing strategies.
- Comfortable being an independent contributor with the prospect of building a team in the future.
- Experience creating high-quality thought leadership content as well as content to drive SEO.
- Data-driven content marketer that is comfortable analyzing data to create compelling stories as well as improve content performance.
- Self-starter with collaborative mindset to work cross-functionally to build alignment with key stakeholders on content and strategy.
- Comfort and experience working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Experience in the insurtech and/or fintech space is highly desirable, but not required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For more information, visit https://www.sureapp.com/. Follow @SureHQ on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Employment at Sure is contingent upon a satisfactory verification of a general and criminal background check and education and employment verification. Upon an offer of employment, all prospective employees may be required to complete an employment application. Any background verifications will be obtained with written consent from the individual.