Dallas, TX /
Finance & Accounting /
Join a leading insurtech company that is unlocking the potential of digital insurance to help everyone protect what matters most! Are you up for the challenge?
Sure was founded in 2015 and is the digital insurance platform that empowers brands and carriers to distribute products quickly. Our solutions reach and engage customers wherever they are on their journey. We are on a mission to provide a hassle-free way to buy insurance anywhere by powering insurance carriers and brands with our SaaS platform. Together we are building products that make digital insurance accessible to all.
🤝 Culture is everything. Join an incredible team of smart, passionate, collaborative and driven individuals. We empower our teams and promote autonomy and independence wherever we can.
🌐 We are remote first. Work from anywhere in the United States.
🏆 Strive for greatness. We’ve been named 13th Fastest Growing Company by Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Best Place to Work in 2022 by Built In and recognized for Transforming the Global Insurance Industry by InsurTech 100.
💰Funding. In October 2021, we raised $100M in our Series C with a $550M valuation.
Sure’s Staff Accountant will be responsible for various day to day deliverables of the
accounting team. You will be viewed as the expert about the accounts and reports
for which you are responsible, while also being included in other projects to expand
your professional growth.
You will leave your mark on a fast-growing operation and you will grow at the same
pace. Your deliverables will be instrumental in capturing the data we need to monitor our performance, report to key stakeholders, and make appropriate business decisions. You are ambitious, with a desire to better yourself and learn. You are proactive in identifying work to be done or concerns to address. You enjoy collaborating with others to build something great.
What you'll be doing:
- Participate in month-end close processes, such as preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations
- Complete cash reconciliations
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts
- Assist with AR, AP, and T&E processes
- Help drive efficiency and automation by standardizing month-end processes and strengthening internal controls
- Investigate any difference between funds processed through payment processing application to cash received in the bank
- Assist in the identification and resolution of accounting discrepancies and irregularities
- Prepare flux analyses and other required reporting for each close
- Support forecasting efforts and ad hoc projects, as needed
- Assist with the completion of the year end audit
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Experience working in a public accounting firm a plus
- Strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP, internal controls, and experience working with auditors
- 1+ years of experience
- Experience with Netsuite a plus
- Experience with TripActions, Bill.com or typical best in class accounting solutions a plus
- Excellent MS Excel skills
- Active CPA or CPA eligible
- Detailed oriented and analytical problem solver
- Strong communicator and collaborator
- Motivated to do great things
What we do for you:
- Unlimited PTO… no really, we want you to take it!
- Mental Health Breaks - company provided meditation app and a weekly wellness hour
- WFH stipend to help you work your best while being remote
- Countless Medical, Dental and Vision plans … we are an insurtech company after all!
- Equity and 401K
- Generous parental leave
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For more information, visit https://www.sureapp.com/. Follow @SureHQ on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Employment at Sure is contingent upon a satisfactory verification of a general and criminal background check and education and employment verification. Upon an offer of employment, all prospective employees may be required to complete an employment application. Any background verifications will be obtained with written consent from the individual.