The internet is broken.
Yes, we have access to more information than ever before, but too often, hate and misinformation win. What if we could remake the internet into a place of trust, kindness, and facts? And what if we had technology to actually help us through complex decisions?
You.com is on a mission to build a better internet, and to get there we are experimenting with radically new ways to help our users confidently make better decisions. It’s an audacious goal, but we’re ambitious people. We’re looking for a few more ambitious folks to join the founding team.
We’re not just wide-eyed dreamers – we’re pragmatic doers, too. Our founder and CEO, Richard Socher previously started an AI company called MetaMind. Salesforce acquired the company, and Richard became Chief Scientist, leading the company’s AI efforts. Prior to MetaMind, Richard received the best PhD thesis award from Stanford for his groundbreaking work on deep learning. Bryan McCann, co-founder and CTO, is a scientist and philosopher who led natural language processing teams at Salesforce after completing his Masters in CS at Stanford. Our founding team members have built companies worth hundreds of millions of dollars and scaled software to serve millions of users. For fun, we run marathons, paramotor, write poetry, read Latin, hike, and camp in the middle of nowhere.
If this sounds intriguing, say hello!
About the Job
We're looking for an incredible marketer to join the founding team of You.com, working closely with our team to refine and shape our story.
Some think there's nothing new to say about search, but you disagree and feel energized by the challenge of telling a fresh and compelling story. You'll help us define our target audience and find the best channels to reach that audience. You'll collaborate with our product and engineering team to map out our launch strategy, looking for creative ways to help us stand out amidst the noise.
While you're comfortable taking a methodical and rigorous approach when data is available, you're also not afraid to trust your intuition and experience. You thrive in the uncertainty of the earliest stages of a startup's journey, delighting in the opportunity to build and create from nothing. You're self-directed and able to own the marketing process end-to-end, bringing in outside partners when required. Finally, you resonate deeply with our vision of building a new internet on trust, kindness, facts, and empathy.
You may be a fit for this role if several of these statements resonate with you (no worries - not all need to resonate):
- You’re electrified by the possibilities and challenges of applying artificial intelligence to the consumer internet
- You've held a senior product marketing role at a consumer-facing tech company serving users globally
- You've led growth marketing at a fast-growing startup, conducting rapid, iterative A/B tests across channels and building out an effective funnel from acquisition to retention
- You're comfortable owning a broad set of marketing responsibilities, including product marketing (positioning, messaging, market research, and content), performance marketing (channel marketing, attribution modeling, and SEO), and communications (social & PR strategy)
- Excellent storytelling, writing, and presentation skills
- You are conversant in the core concepts relevant to deep learning and natural language processing techniques
- You’ve helped an early-stage consumer company find product/market/messaging fit
- You're resourceful and comfortable working creatively and scrappily, using resources carefully to accomplish your goals
- You're biased towards action and experimentation
- You want to be part of defining and building a team around a vision that has a direct path to improving the daily lives of people all over the world
- You're a passionate steward of our brand, ensuring a consistent and authentic voice across all touch points, from product UI/UX to website copy, documentation, and channel marketing
More about You.com
You.com is an equal opportunity employer: your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status don’t matter. We’re committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and supportive workplace that is effectively distributed around the world.
We're a remote-first company, but work hours are generally within the Pacific Timezone (7 hours behind UTC). We get together in-person regularly as a team, but as long as your able to maintain significant overlap with Pacific hours during the workday we're comfortable hiring in almost any location (location-specific legal requirements permitting).
• Competitive salary and equity
• Great health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
• 401(k) plan
• Unlimited time off (4+ weeks encouraged annually)
• Generous parental leave
• Flexible work hours