Sales Development Representative - North America
Remote - US /
Sales – Sales /
At Swapcard, we build communities by empowering meaningful connections and know it all begins with a strong community of our own. We believe that diverse collaboration brings us closer to embracing change and propels us to form the ideas of tomorrow in an ever-evolving world.
Powered by artificial intelligence, Swapcard is the only end-to-end community platform for virtual and hybrid events. Behind this vision, stands a passionate, curious, and down-to-earth team. We believe an environment of trust, autonomy, and support is integral to our success. As a result of putting people first, career evolution and rapid growth have become regular commodities.
With 42 nationalities amongst a team of more than 200 innovative minds, we enjoy an open-minded environment where opinions and ideas are encouraged and exchanged freely in order to create a product and company we can all be proud of. We’ve also learned that the more moments we share, the more comfortable, communicative, and confident we are when working together. That’s when the real magic occurs.
And the best part? Swapcard offers full remote opportunities, which means you’ll be able to bring your best self to the table no matter where in the world you are located! We fully support and empower an international environment, where all cultures, mindsets, and backgrounds are equally welcome and appreciated.
📚 Curiosity: Rapid growth and evolution are the results of our endless quest for new knowledge and understanding. We’re interested in our peers and their concerns. Anything novel or innovative excites us.
👽 Open-mindedness: Feedback and ideas can be exchanged freely, without being taken personally. We welcome Swapcardians of all sorts and learn from each other’s personal and professional experiences.
✊🏾 Humanity: Empathy encourages a kind and down-to-earth environment where we all feel comfortable and free to be human. We never have to wear a mask or hide who we are.
🎯 Resilience: We have a desire to win and don’t take no for an answer. We prefer the term “experiment” over “failure”. We are solution-oriented and find innovative approaches to succeed.
🏋🏽♀️ Ambition: Nothing is impossible. We're always striving to get better, seize opportunities, and reach the top. We are encouraged to dream big and believe in ourselves.
What you will be doing:
- Ownership of the engagement lifecycle from prospecting through to qualified lead generation.
- Manage inbound lead flow, qualifying in and out opportunities for Swapcard to pursue a sale.
- Leverage multi-channel engagement strategies to approach and engage target accounts.
- Develop sales opportunities for the Account Executive.
- Ongoing ownership and development of the early stage of the client relationship, prior to handing over to the BD Team.
- Proactive outbound sales call for discipline and motivation to consistently build a sales pipeline.
- Converting cold into qualified leads and providing input to the lead generation process to bolster the longer-term sales pipeline
- Responsible for maintaining high conversion rates or finding ways to increase them when necessary
- Balance inbound and outbound activities to drive the highest-value sales pipeline.
- Adoption and development of best practices for outbound sales efforts across direct calling, and social media engagement.
- Proactively research to inform approach strategy to ensure a relevant, value-added approach methodology
- Proactively take on sales administration and pipeline management
- Sales administration and documentation of all daily activities in CRM.
- 1+ years in outbound sales, or equivalent experience with a strong desire to pursue a career in sales.
- Experience in Salesforce and Outreach is an advantage.
- Native English speaker (additional European languages are a plus).
- Experience in SaaS and event technology industry preferred.
- Exceptional comfort while speaking on the phone/ Video conference
- Exceptional communication, listening, and presentation skills
- Resilient and maintains a positive mindset irrespective of any challenging situations.
- Strong influencing skills
- Experience with CRM technology or proven software usage capabilities
- Appetite to learn and develop sales skills.
- Desire to learn and grow professionally within a sales environment
Reasons to join us
* International team with 42 nationalities (more on the way!) 🌍
* Remote-first policy with offices in Paris, USA, UAE, CA, UK, & IN 🇫🇷 🇺🇸 🇦🇪 🇨🇦 🇬🇧 🇮🇳 🇸🇬
* Fast-growing startup with many opportunities for growth 🌱
* Open-minded culture that appreciates differences 👽
* Feedback driven, supportive & curious team with DIY mindset 🤔 🛠
* Family leave and remote work to ensure you have time for what matters most ❤️ 🏡
* Generous paid time off program to ensure your happiness 🎁
* Team vacations to celebrate our achievements ✈️