Helsinki, Southern Finland, Finland /
To continue to fuel Swappie’s strong growth path and enable further expansion, we are now looking for more awesome team players who want to make a difference for our environment and make buying refurbished phones mainstream.
Are you ready to move the needle with us as an OPERATIONS ENGINEER?
We are looking for an operations engineer to strengthen Swappie’s Automation and Robotics team at Swappie’s Operations Department. The team exists to ensure Swappie as a company in reaching its strategic goals and our mission of making refurbished electronics mainstream. In this role, you will work with automation projects which utilize the most modern technology and drives a big business impact in Swappie operations. You will be part of the project group driving new machinery from design to commissioning and production handover. You will be responsible for problem-solving, testing, commissioning, installation and maintenance of automation systems and machinery. Additionally, you will get to support and train operators, key users and members of the factory at the testing and ramp-up stages.
IN THIS ROLE YOU GET A CHANCE TO
- Participate in the definition and design stage of automation projects as an operations representative
- Identify and analyze proposed automation solutions for potential success and compatibility from an operating point of view
- Define and document the user requirements together with production department representatives
- Participate and supervise system validation at suppliers’ facilities as well as onsite (FAT and SAT)
- Scheduling, controlling and communicating with the production department
- Reporting, maintaining and tracking the open point list of automation projects
- Develop and perform corrective actions to solve operation issues of automation systems together with operators and system suppliers
- Support the start-up and integration of new automation projects
- Operate the system, train new key users and provide technical support during operations validation, development and implementation
- Plan and execute maintenance and service activities together with the system supplier and production team
- Initiate continuous process improvements to improve operational effectiveness
WE WOULD BE EXCITED TO HEAR FROM YOU IF YOU HAVE
- Strong understanding of operations and technical background and experience in engineering operations
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Hands-on, implementation-oriented working ideology to make actual process changes effectively
- Ability to reach outcomes independently, yet work in a team
- An innovative mind with strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Automation Engineering, Computer Sciences, Mechanical engineering or electrical engineering is seen as an advantage.
A FEW GOOD REASONS WHY YOU WOULD LIKE TO JOIN US
- Become a part of our global team: We are a diverse group of skilled, ambitious, fun, kind, laid-back, and professional people of 69 nationalities - our offices are located in Helsinki, Amsterdam, Tallinn, and Leipzig. And as you have probably guessed, our working language is English.
- Make a difference: By refurbishing smartphones to the highest standards, we reduce environmental waste, empower our customers to make more sustainable choices, and build a better tomorrow. Being part of the solution, not part of the pollution drives us every day.
- Be a part of our culture of trust: We have plenty of freedom and responsibility that we use in the best interest of Swappie. We share information, learnings, insights, plans and achievements as we know that we are all in this together.
- Learn and grow like never before: We offer a wide range of development and growth opportunities and encourage our people to seek new ways to improve constantly.
- Be yourself: Our Diversity & Inclusion Manifesto guides our daily working and collaboration with team members: we create a diverse and inclusive workplace where we have equal opportunities to grow and feel safe. We respect varied backgrounds, experiences, races, ethnicities, religions, genders, gender identities, gender expressions, and sexual orientations.
- In addition to monthly salary, you get a good option package, nice perks and benefits, and much more!
- Enjoy flexible & remote working models: We offer the possibility to work remotely from abroad for one month per year, with certain restrictions regarding role and country.
Does this sound like an exciting opportunity you don't want to miss? If yes, we would like to hear from you! Apply by clicking on the “Apply for this job” and send us your application 19.05.2022 latest. We will go through the applications after the deadline and let you know within a week about your application status.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly remember that we do not take any job applications via email or via third party job boards.
Swappie is the no. 1 online destination for buying and selling refurbished smartphones in Europe. Since launching in 2016, we have grown to more than 1300 talent and €100M annual revenue. And this is just the beginning! We empower our customers in 15 countries to choose environmentally friendly and affordable ways to upgrade their smartphones. Buy smart, not new; that's how we change consumer behaviour in Europe and soon worldwide.
Our core values are endless optimism, highest standards, customer focus, and connect. They guide us in the decisions and actions we take every day.
Our successful model and ambition in solving important sustainability challenges is being continuously recognised by international sustainability and start-up awards, including being listed by Financial Times as the fastest growing company in Europe, the Finnish Innovation Fund’s award for contribution to the circular economy and appearing on Wired’s list of hottest startups in Helsinki. Sounds like the place for you? Join us! 🚀