Senior Product Designer (Demand)
Helsinki, Southern Finland, Finland /
To continue to fuel Swappie’s strong growth path and enable further expansion, we are now looking for more awesome team players who want to make a difference for our environment and make buying refurbished phones mainstream.
Are you ready to move the needle with us as a
SENIOR PRODUCT DESIGNER
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join the growing product team Demand, responsible for the design of swappie.com’s B2C iPhone purchasing experience.
Swappie is one of the fastest growing B2C scale-ups in Europe. We offer end-to-end solutions for buying and selling refurbished smartphones, bringing a circular economy to the masses. To provide our customers – both internal and external – spectacular and smooth experiences online, we must understand and know them, and design our solutions to match. This is where you come in: if you are passionate about creating user-centered, functional and beautiful designs, we offer you a unique opportunity to leave your mark by joining the team as a Senior Product Designer.
As a Senior Product Designer you will have a significant impact on our global digital product, swappie.com, as well as on our customers and our business. The role offers you a variety of interesting and challenging tasks where to put the skills of your craft to use: challenges, projects, and stakeholders vary, keeping your work versatile.
You will be working as an integral member of the product team, alongside another Product Designer, Product Managers, Product Analyst, and developers. The team is constantly growing, and you will have your say in its ways of working. In addition, you will be collaborating regularly with other Product Designers across product borders.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will be given the freedom and responsibility to design end-to-end user experiences of concepts, flows, and features. You will be working hands-on on all stages of product development, from grasping the big picture to delivering pixel-perfect visual assets, in close collaboration with your team members.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Working closely with the Product Manager in the discovery phase
- Creating and presenting rough concepts and pixel-perfect assets
- Testing your creations with mock-ups and high-fidelity prototypes with real users
- Iterating solutions with developers and Product Managers
- Gathering and sharing feedback and learnings with other Product Designers across product teams
TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE, WE EXPECT YOU TO HAVE
- 5+ years of UX work experience (preferably from a variety different projects)
- Ability to collaborate on all stages of product development:
- Knowledge of modern design tools (Swappie designers use Figma and Adobe CC)
- Excellent teamwork skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal (English is Swappie’s work language)
- An excellent portfolio showcasing your user-centric mindset, process, and project experience in designing digital products
- Experience in working with design systems
- Experience in copy/UX writing (in English)
- Background in visual or graphic design
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience of e-commerce solutions
-Planning and conducting user research
-Building concepts and rough sketches
-Creating prototypes of varying fidelity, and validating them with users
-Creating final design assets for the user-facing product
It is an advantage if you have:
A COUPLE OF GOOD REASONS YOU MIGHT ENJOY WORKING WITH US
- Become a part of our global team: We are a diverse group of skilled, ambitious, fun, kind, laid-back, and professional people of 69 nationalities - our offices are located in Helsinki, Amsterdam, Tallinn, and Leipzig. And as you have probably guessed, our working language is English.
- Make a difference: By refurbishing smartphones to the highest standards, we reduce environmental waste, empower our customers to make more sustainable choices, and build a better tomorrow. Being part of the solution, not part of the pollution drives us every day.
- Be a part of our culture of trust: We have plenty of freedom and responsibility that we use in the best interest of Swappie. We share information, learnings, insights, plans and achievements as we know that we are all in this together.
- Learn and grow like never before: We offer a wide range of development and growth opportunities and encourage our people to seek new ways to improve constantly.
- Be yourself: Our Diversity & Inclusion Manifesto guides our daily working and collaboration with team members: we create a diverse and inclusive workplace where we have equal opportunities to grow and feel safe. We respect varied backgrounds, experiences, races, ethnicities, religions, genders, gender identities, gender expressions, and sexual orientations.
- If you need to relocate, we are there to empower you. No matter where you are moving from, we will support you to make every step of the process as easy as possible for you and your loved ones.
- Enjoy flexible & remote working models: We offer the possibility to work remotely from abroad for one month per year, with certain restrictions regarding role and country.
- In addition to monthly salary, you get a good option package, nice perks and benefits, and much more!
Location: Helsinki, Finland (Itämerenkatu 3 A). Flexible working arrangements: you can work at our cosy new office in Ruoholahti or remotely from Finland or Estonia with the ability and willingness to visit the office occasionally.
Start date: According to agreement
Job type: Full-time, permanent
We’re growing exponentially and welcome the best talent to join our green revolution! Does this sound like an exciting opportunity you don’t want to miss? If yes, we would love to hear from you! 🚀
If you have any questions about the role or the recruitment, we are happy to reply to you at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we don’t accept job applications via email.
Swappie is the no. 1 online destination for buying and selling refurbished smartphones in Europe. Since launching in 2016, we have grown to more than 1300 talent and €100M annual revenue. And this is just the beginning! We empower our customers in 15 countries to choose environmentally friendly and affordable ways to upgrade their smartphones. Buy smart, not new; that's how we change consumer behaviour in Europe and soon worldwide.
Our core values are endless optimism, highest standards, customer focus, and connect. They guide us in the decisions and actions we take every day.
Our successful model and ambition in solving important sustainability challenges is being continuously recognised by international sustainability and start-up awards, including being listed by Financial Times as the fastest growing company in Europe, the Finnish Innovation Fund’s award for contribution to the circular economy and appearing on Wired’s list of hottest startups in Helsinki. Sounds like the place for you? Join us! 🚀