Senior Full Stack Engineer (Payments)
Helsinki, Southern Finland, Finland /
JOIN US IN OUR MISSION OF MAKING REFURBISHED MAINSTREAM
Swappie is the no. 1 online destination for buying and selling refurbished smartphones in Europe. Since launching in 2016, we have grown to more than 1 000 talent and €100M annual revenue. And this is just the beginning! We empower our customers in 15 countries to choose environmentally friendly and affordable ways to upgrade their smartphones. Buy smart, not new; that's how we change consumer behavior in Europe and soon worldwide.
Our values are endless optimism, highest standards, customer focus, and connect. They guide us in the decisions and actions we take every day. Global sustainability and startup awards recognize our growing model and aspiration in solving critical sustainability issues, including Growth Builder of the Year 2020, the Finnish Innovation Fund's award for contribution to the circular economy, and appearing on Wired's list of hottest startups in Helsinki.
Sounds like the place for you? If yes, you are invited to take a once-in-a-lifetime learning and development opportunity in a unique growth setting. You will have the support of a highly talented and committed diverse team of 60+ nationalities. We welcome you to join us in our meaningful mission of making refurbished electronics mainstream.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer in the Payments domain at Swappie, you will join a team with an end-to-end responsibility of our payments and checkout experience. Our system supports tens of different payment methods, state of the art integration capabilities with top payment vendors. The role exists within the Payments & Logistics Product Team.
- Develop new features and Payment methods into our checkout experience at Swappie.com
- Build automation for monitoring the performance and functionality of the checkout experience and payment integrations. Our teams handle SRE activities like setting and tracking SLOs.
- Participate in defining weekly and quarterly goals for the team. At Swappie we expect teams to take full responsibility for their areas.
- Steward systems that the Product Team is responsible for. They contain business-critical data such as orders, payments, sales inventories, and logistics integrations.
- We work with Typescript, Node.js, React, Python, Django, PostgreSQL, Kubernetes, Google Cloud, and DataDog. We would like to see strong knowledge in some of these or adjacent technologies.
- Experience with event sourcing and other immutable data schemas is a plus. We also appreciate any data modeling experience, especially in SQL. Our team works a lot with the most critical transactional datasets in the company.
- You enjoy working with state machines, processes, thinking about failure conditions and corner cases. We need to ensure that every single customer has a great & timely experience with their Order.
- Experience with PSP integrations and ecommerce checkout is a strong plus.
A COUPLE OF GOOD REASONS YOU MIGHT ENJOY WORKING WITH US
- Become a part of our global team: We are a diverse group of skilled, ambitious, fun, kind, laid-back, and professional people from more than 60 nationalities—our neat offices are located in Helsinki, Amsterdam, and Tallinn. And as you have probably guessed, our working language is English.
- Make a difference: By refurbishing smartphones to the highest standards, we reduce environmental waste, empower our customers to make more sustainable choices, and build a better tomorrow. Being part of the solution, not part of the pollution, thrives us every day.
- Be a part of our culture of trust: As we only have resourceful and insightful grownups working with us, we have plenty of freedom and responsibility that we use in the best interest of Swappie. We share information, learnings, insights, plans and achievements as we know that we are all in this together.
- Learn and grow like never before: We offer a wide range of development and growth opportunities and encourage our people to seek new ways to improve constantly.
- Be yourself: We are working hard to make our Diversity & Inclusion Manifesto a reality in everything we do: we create a diverse and inclusive workplace where we have equal opportunities to grow and feel safe. We respect varied backgrounds, experiences, races, ethnicities, religions, genders, gender identities, gender expressions, and sexual orientations.
- Enjoy organized working models: We offer the possibility to work remotely from abroad for one month per year, with certain restrictions regarding role and country.
- Furthermore, you get an attractive salary and a good option package, nice perks and benefits, and much more! If you need to relocate, we are there to empower you. No matter where you are moving from, we will support you to make every step of the process as easy as possible for you and your loved ones.
We’re growing exponentially and welcome the best talent to join our green revolution! Does this sound like an exciting opportunity you don’t want to miss? If yes, we would love to hear from you! 🚀
If you have any questions about the role or the recruitment, we are happy to reply to you at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we don’t accept job applications via email.
Ps. We are growing quickly and we have many roles open. Please reach out even if you feel like you are too senior or junior for the role, but that you are on this general track. We usually have more challenging and junior opportunities in addition to the specific ad you are seeing.
Location: Helsinki, Finland (Itämerenkatu 3 A). Flexible working arrangements: you can work at our cosy new office in Ruoholahti or totally remotely if that suits you best.
Start date: According to agreement
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Swappie is the no. 1 online destination for buying and selling refurbished smartphones in Europe. Since launching in 2016, we have grown to more than 1300 talent and €100M annual revenue. And this is just the beginning! We empower our customers in 15 countries to choose environmentally friendly and affordable ways to upgrade their smartphones. Buy smart, not new; that's how we change consumer behaviour in Europe and soon worldwide.
Our core values are endless optimism, highest standards, customer focus, and connect. They guide us in the decisions and actions we take every day.
Our successful model and ambition in solving important sustainability challenges is being continuously recognised by international sustainability and start-up awards, including being listed by Financial Times as the fastest growing company in Europe, the Finnish Innovation Fund’s award for contribution to the circular economy and appearing on Wired’s list of hottest startups in Helsinki. Sounds like the place for you? Join us! 🚀