Head of Sales
Palo Alto, CA
Business Development & Sales
Swarm Technologies has developed the world’s smallest two-way communication satellites. Through our constellation we provide low-bandwidth, low-cost connectivity to return data from anywhere on Earth, focusing on regions without cell or WiFi coverage. Our unique economics make Swarm’s network, ground hardware, and web platform accessible at the industry’s lowest costs to deliver maximum value to customers. Swarm provides IoT tracking and data relay services for industrial/sensor networks, particularly those in the maritime shipping, agriculture, energy, and ground transportation industries.
We are a team of engineers, scientists, and startup operators who have previously worked in academia and at NASA, Google, Apple, Terra Bella, and venture-backed companies. We’re actively looking for teammates that share our passion for reshaping global connectivity.
We're looking to hire a Head of Sales to lead Swarm's go-to-market efforts and revenue generation. If interested, please apply below and we'll be in touch.
- Develop and implement go-to-market strategies for Swarm’s existing and upcoming products.
- Execute sales plan through prospecting, needs assessment, solution engineering, and negotiation.
- Engage with senior decision makers (CXO, VP) at large enterprises to close new business.
- Manage pipeline and lead forecasting efforts within Swarm’s leadership team.
- Develop, manage, and expand business development relationships with key partners.
- Coordinate with operations team for deployments and drive customer success.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Engineering or related field.
- 5-10+ years of sales experience at communications, hardware, or deep technology startups.
- Strong track record carrying a quota and closing multi-million dollar enterprise deals.
- Self-driven leader with proven success penetrating new markets and closing new business.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication, and time management skills.
- Must be willing to work in Palo Alto, CA and travel 10-25% of the time, possibly more as needed.
- Experience selling technologies where hardware and system-level solution expertise is required.
- Experience leading business development & sales efforts for communications services/products.
- Experience bringing connectivity/hardware/IoT products to market.
- Experience with OEMs and device manufacturers and/or knowledge of agriculture, maritime, energy, ground transportation, and telecom markets.