Technical Support Engineer
Palo Alto, CA
Swarm is enabling global connectivity with the world's most affordable satellite network. Our mission is to connect people and devices from anywhere in the world at the lowest cost.
Swarm has developed the world’s smallest two-way communication satellites. Through our constellation we provide low-bandwidth, low-cost connectivity to return data from anywhere on Earth, focusing on regions without cell or WiFi coverage. Our unique economics make Swarm’s network, ground hardware, and web platform accessible at the industry’s lowest costs to deliver maximum value to customers. Swarm provides IoT tracking and data return services for industrial/sensor networks, particularly those in the maritime shipping, agriculture, energy, and ground transportation industries.
Swarm is looking to hire a Technical Support Engineer with a strong customer focus to join our team full-time. This position includes regular visits to our existing customers to gather technical feedback and troubleshoot issues, working closely with our engineering, sales, and executive teams. Face-to-face interaction is imperative to serving our customers’ technical needs. If interested, please apply below.
- Lead technical interaction between customers and Swarm engineering and business teams.
- Provide customer support and onboarding for account setup, hardware deployments, and APIs.
- Contribute to customer meetings, presentations, and technical discussions with Swarm’s sales team.
- Contribute regularly to updating manuals, documentation, and support videos to update according to customer feedback and results.
- Make regular site visits to our existing clients to gather technical feedback and troubleshoot issues.
- Build close and productive working relationships with Swarm customers to help improve our product offerings.
- Drive customer success and ROI as Swarm’s technical account lead for top customers.
- BA/BS in engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years of experience in a technical support/solutions engineering role.
- Extensive experience with wireless communications and IoT hardware technologies.
- Strong project management skills; able to independently manage complex initiatives to completion.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with proven track record in a customer-facing role.
- Must be willing to work in Palo Alto, CA and travel 10-25% of the time, possibly more as needed.
- Advanced degree (MS, PhD, etc) in engineering or a related field.
- Deep knowledge of satellite communication systems/technologies.
- Experience working with Fortune 500 customers in a technical sales/solution engineering role.
- Previous early-stage startup experience.