Head of Product
Mountain View, CA
Swarm is enabling global connectivity with the world's most affordable satellite network. Our mission is to connect people and devices from anywhere in the world at the lowest cost.
Swarm has developed the world’s smallest two-way communication satellites. Through our constellation we provide low-bandwidth, low-cost connectivity to return data from anywhere on Earth, focusing on regions without cell or WiFi coverage. Our unique economics make Swarm’s network, ground hardware, and web platform accessible at the industry’s lowest costs to deliver maximum value to customers. Swarm provides IoT tracking and data return services for industrial/sensor networks, particularly those in the maritime shipping, agriculture, energy, and ground transportation industries.
We’re looking to hire a Head of Product who will lead the development of Swarm’s product portfolio, including our self-serve web platform. If interested, please apply below.
- Set the vision and drive development efforts for delightful products that people love using.
- Lead development of Swarm’s product strategy for our self-serve platform, API, and hardware offerings.
- Craft highly effective roadmaps based on team strategy, data analysis, and user insights.
- Develop detailed business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application.
- Oversee all product management functions; including user research, testing, and feature rollout.
- Drive product launches through cross-functional work with executive, engineering, and sales teams.
- Define/analyze metrics that drive engagement, retention, and monetization within products.
- Identify/resolve issues that may impair team’s ability to hit strategic, financial and technical goals.
- Manage trade-offs and priorities for customer experience, performance, and operational support.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology-related field.
- 5+ years experience in product management in a B2B software/hardware environment.
- Experience managing ambiguity, complexity, and interdependencies in a methodical/structured way.
- Experience building self-serve web products alongside marketing teams to create a successful funnel.
- Deep understanding of our technology stacks; particularly those relevant to wireless comms/IoT.
- Proven analytical skills and ability to use data to drive decision-making and feature prioritization.
- Strong user-centered design and product sense; you have a high bar for product quality and UI/UX.
- A passion for user experience as this role is the primary voice of the customer internally at Swarm.
- Advanced degree (e.g. Master’s, PhD, etc) in an engineering-related field.
- 10+ years experience in product management in a B2B software/hardware environment.
- Experience building products where hardware and system-level solution expertise was required.
- Experience managing communications and/or IoT products.
- Experience working as a founder/employee at an early-stage technology startup.