Technical Program Manager
Palo Alto, CA
Swarm Technologies has developed the world’s smallest two-way communication satellites. Through our constellation we provide low-bandwidth, low-cost connectivity to return data from anywhere on Earth, focusing on regions without cell or WiFi coverage. Our unique economics make Swarm’s network, ground hardware, and web platform accessible at the industry’s lowest costs to deliver maximum value to customers. Swarm provides IoT tracking and data return services for industrial/sensor networks, particularly those in the maritime shipping, agriculture, energy, and ground transportation industries.
We are a team of engineers, scientists, and startup operators who have previously worked at NASA, Google, Apple, Skybox/Terra Bella, venture-backed companies, and in academia.
We’re actively looking for teammates that share our passion for reshaping global connectivity.We’re looking to hire a Technical Program Manager to manage a variety of technical projects for Swarm’s communication network. If interested, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org directly with your resume.
- Manage development of network connectivity projects using space and ground platforms through the lifecycle of products.
- Interface between vendors, engineering, and product teams to identify, prioritize, manage, set, track, and adjust milestones and schedules.
- Identify, communicate, and mitigate technical, programmatic, and regulatory risks.
- Manage hardware and software solution development, deployments, end-to-end project plans, and ensure on-time delivery throughout lifecycle.
- Identifying risks, dependencies, and potential problems, and develop/ implement mitigation strategies.
- Support to cross-functional technical team, including designing and bringing up manufacturing process.
- Proactively create, document, and implement processes to streamline operations.
- BA/BS engineering degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3-5 years of technical program or product engineering experience in hard tech company.
- Experience in software or hardware design/development and deployment into real world.
- Ability to perform complex tasks and prioritize multiple projects while meeting deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and communication skills.
- Eager to work autonomously & collaboratively, roll up sleeves, and wear multiple hats.
- MS/PhD engineering or management degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in early-stage technical hard tech start-up or incubator working to develop innovative products.