Sr. Full Stack Software Engineer
Palo Alto, CA
Swarm Technologies has developed the world’s smallest two-way communication satellites. Through our constellation we provide low-bandwidth, low-cost connectivity to return data from anywhere on Earth, focusing on regions without cell or WiFi coverage. Our unique economics make Swarm’s network, ground hardware, and web platform accessible at the industry’s lowest costs to deliver maximum value to customers. Swarm provides IoT tracking and data return services for industrial/sensor networks, particularly those in the maritime shipping, agriculture, energy, and ground transportation industries.
We are a team of engineers, scientists, and startup operators who have previously worked at NASA, Google, Apple, Skybox/Terra Bella, venture-backed companies, and in academia. We’re actively looking for teammates who share our passion for reshaping global connectivity.
Swarm is looking to hire a versatile full stack software engineer comfortable across all areas of the stack and excited to architect our platform’s core features to scale. You’ll take a thoughtful approach to decision making, balancing speed with quality, scalability, and security — driving significant value for our company and customers. If interested, please apply below and we’ll be in touch.
- Architect and implement a simple, elegant network-as-a-service software product from scratch.
- Work closely with product team to transform customer requirements into engineering roadmap.
- Take ownership for building, shipping and maintaining Swarm’s core software features, end to end.
- Build highly available, performant, and scalable software systems.
- Develop and deploy world-class UI for Swarm’s self-serve web platform.
- Design and build a scalable data layer for storing/transforming data in addition to interfaces that allow users to define data processing flows that meet their needs.
- Work with a talented team of engineers to build our APIs, as well as Swarm’s front-end web and mobile clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- Software engineering generalist with 4+ years of experience building web applications.
- Full-stack development experience, from front-end technologies to databases to APIs.
- Proven track record writing clean, modular code that is highly performant and secure.
- Experience with continuous delivery frameworks (e.g. Git, Maven, etc or equivalent tools).
- Experience building complex user interfaces and designing database schemas for scale.
- Advanced degree (e.g. Master’s, PhD, etc) in an engineering-related field.
- Experience building software platforms for communications networks and/or IoT products.
- Experience building products where hardware and system-level solution expertise was required.
- Experience as a founder/employee at an early-stage technology startup.