Production/Contract Manufacturing Engineer
Palo Alto, CA
Swarm Technologies has developed the world’s smallest two-way communication satellites. Through our constellation we provide low-bandwidth, low-cost connectivity to return data from anywhere on Earth, focusing on regions without cell or WiFi coverage. Our unique economics make Swarm’s network, ground hardware, and web platform accessible at the industry’s lowest costs to deliver maximum value to customers. Swarm provides IoT tracking and data return services for industrial/sensor networks, particularly those in the maritime shipping, agriculture, energy, and ground transportation industries.
We are a team of engineers, scientists, and startup operators who have previously worked in academia and NASA, Google, Apple, Terra Bella, and venture-backed companies. We’re actively looking for teammates that share our passion for reshaping global connectivity.
Swarm is looking to hire a Production/Contract Manufacturing Engineer to lead Swarm’s hardware manufacturing efforts. If interested, please apply via Lever and include a brief note with your submission.
- Develop and implement manufacturing strategy for large-scale production of Swarm hardware and PCB devices at all stages of product development and scale.
- Work in collaboration with Hardware, EE, and Product teams to identify requirements and determine best-in-class part selection and sourcing strategies.
- Develop processes, tools, and procedures to test and evaluate contract manufacturing options for high-volume, low-cost, high-reliability production efforts.
- Build, develop, and maintain relationships with vendors and contract manufacturers in the US or abroad to ensure successful project completion.
- BA/BS in engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years experience in production and manufacturing at a hardware technology company.
- Experience working with contract manufacturing companies on hardware products and PCB products, for high-volume production efforts, and/or scaling up manufacturing from 10’s to 100,000’s.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, organizational, and communication skills.
- Must be willing to work in Palo Alto, CA and travel, including internationally, as needed.
- Advanced degree in engineering or a related field.
- Experience working with international contract manufacturing companies.
- Experience with part sourcing and manufacturing for IoT or related devices.
- Experience leading large-volume (100,000+ units) manufacturing projects.