Supply Chain Manager
Palo Alto, CA
Swarm is enabling global connectivity with the world's most affordable satellite network. Our mission is to connect people and devices from anywhere in the world at the lowest cost.
Swarm has developed the world’s smallest two-way communication satellites. Through our constellation we provide low-bandwidth, low-cost connectivity to return data from anywhere on Earth, focusing on regions without cell or WiFi coverage. Our unique economics make Swarm’s network, ground hardware, and web platform accessible at the industry’s lowest costs to deliver maximum value to customers. Swarm provides IoT tracking and data return services for industrial/sensor networks, particularly those in the maritime shipping, agriculture, energy, and ground transportation industries.
Swarm is looking to hire a Supply Chain Manager to lead Swarm’s contract manufacturing efforts for hardware production. If interested, please apply below and include a brief note with your submission.
- Develop and implement manufacturing strategy for large-scale overseas production of Swarm hardware and PCB devices at all stages of product development and scale.
- Work in collaboration with Hardware, EE, and Product teams to identify requirements and determine best-in-class part selection and sourcing strategies.
- Develop processes, tools, and procedures to test and evaluate contract manufacturing options for high-volume, low-cost, high-reliability production efforts, likely with many overseas partners.
- Build, develop, and maintain relationships with vendors and contract manufacturers in the US and abroad to ensure successful project completion.
- BA/BS in engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years experience in production and manufacturing at a hardware technology company.
- Experience working with contract manufacturing companies on hardware products and PCB products, for high-volume production efforts, and/or scaling up manufacturing from 10’s to 100,000’s.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, organizational, and communication skills.
- Must be willing to work in Palo Alto, CA and travel, including internationally, as needed.
- Advanced degree in engineering or a related field.
- Experience working with international contract manufacturing companies.
- Experience with part sourcing and manufacturing for IoT or related devices.
- Experience leading large-volume (100,000+ units) manufacturing projects.