Palo Alto, CA
Swarm Technologies has developed the world’s smallest two-way communication satellites. Through our constellation we provide low-bandwidth, low-cost connectivity to return data from anywhere on Earth, focusing on regions without cell or WiFi coverage. Our unique economics make Swarm’s network, ground hardware, and web platform accessible at the industry’s lowest costs to deliver maximum value to customers. Swarm provides IoT tracking and data return services for industrial/sensor networks, particularly those in the maritime shipping, agriculture, energy, and ground transportation industries.
We are a team of engineers, scientists, and startup operators who have previously worked in academia and NASA, Google, Apple, Terra Bella, and venture-backed companies. We’re actively looking for teammates that share our passion for reshaping global connectivity.
We’re looking for a Lead Recruiter to help source top talent and grow Swarm’s team. We have a clean slate — with no legacy systems, processes, or a history of bad recruiting. You’ll have the opportunity to come in at the ground level and partner with our leadership team to drive and define how our company thinks about culture and hiring decisions. If interested, please APPLY HERE
- Design and implement Swarm’s overall recruiting strategy to achieve the team’s target hiring plan.
- Work with functional team leaders to create ideal candidate profiles and develop job descriptions.
- Lead sourcing efforts across a variety of channels including: team personal and professional networks, job boards (LinkedIn, AngelList, Hired, etc), social networks, and in-person events.
- Screen candidate resumes and conduct phone/onsite interviews to evaluate potential fit.
- Coordinate interviews with functional team leaders and onsites with Swarm’s leadership team.
- Work with our leadership team to extend offer letters, close candidates, and transition new hires to Swarm’s HR/Onboarding process.
- Represent Swarm’s brand in the market and help drive team culture as a top place to work.
- 3+ years experience of full-cycle recruiting experience with technology companies.
- Previous experience at a recruiting agency or in-house team; preferably both.
- Proven ability to learn about new technologies and communicate effectively with engineers.
- Ability to effectively communicate with and recruit technology executives.
- Experience working managing Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and recruiting-related technology.
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Track record of working successfully with engineers, hiring managers and business leaders.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
- Previous in-house experience at an early-stage technology startup.
- Previous recruiting experience with hardware/IoT companies.
- Engineering degree and/or experience recruiting for highly technical engineering roles is a big plus!