Swiggy labs – Swiggy Labs
Full Time Employee
Swiggy started in 2014 with just a few restaurants on board limited to Koramangala in Bangalore, Swiggy is now India’s leading food ordering and delivery platform. We recently received our series H round of funding and were able to raise an astounding $1 Billion. We have grown beyond our wildest imaginations. Starting off with just 2 neighborhoods in Bangalore, we are now present in over 240 locations PAN India and are only looking to grow further. More than 121,000 restaurant partners leverage Swiggy to reach new customers and increase their sales. All of this has been made possible only because of our motivated work force nearing 10000+ employees that run the show from start to finish. Every order delivered by Swiggy’s fleet of over 1,50,000 Delivery Executives, the largest in India, ensures a host of customer-centric features, while ensuring we provide unparalleled convenience for our customers
A self-contained extension of the Swiggy org to drive experiments & zero to ones for potential new business lines and thereby creating a pipeline of the next big bets for Swiggy. At any given point, the Swiggy Labs team will be working on multiple business MVPs and unlocking the future via
engineering R&D with an end goal of driving discontinuous growth in customer experience, top line or bottom line.
Some broad areas where Labs team will be experimenting would be:
- Creating WOW customer experiences and convenience within food and other verticals
- Improving supply chain efficiency via automation
- Enhance customer experience and vendor productivity using IOT and Big Data
We are looking for a passionate hands-on engineer to join the Bangalore Swiggy Engineering team. In this role, you will be responsible to drive innovation in Software Development, while relentlessly improving performance, scalability, and maintainability.
Required Skill Set:
1. Good problem-solving skills
2. Sound knowledge and application of algorithms and data structures with space and time complexities
3. Strong design skills involving data modelling and low level class design
4. Good knowledge of object oriented programming and design patterns
5. Proficiency in at least one programming language
6. Follow industry coding standards and responsible for writing maintainable/scalable/efficient code to solve
7. Hands-on experience of working with Databases and Linux/Unix platform
8. Follow SDLC in agile environment and collaborate with multiple cross functional teams to drive on-time deliveries
9. Strong technical aptitude and good knowledge of CS fundamentals
10. B Tech/M Tech in Computer Science or equivalent from a reputed college
11. Candidates with an entrepreneurial background would be preferred
Swiggy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.