Principal Data Scientist- NLP
Technology – Data Science
Swiggy started in 2014 with just a few restaurants on board limited to Koramangala in Bangalore, Swiggy is now India’s leading food ordering and delivery platform. We recently received our series H round of funding and were able to raise an astounding $1 Billion. We have grown beyond our wildest imaginations. Starting off with just 2 neighborhoods in Bangalore, we are now present in over 240 locations PAN India and are only looking to grow further. More than 121,000 restaurant partners leverage Swiggy to reach new customers and increase their sales. All of this has been made possible only because of our motivated work force nearing 10000+ employees that run the show from start to finish. Every order delivered by Swiggy’s fleet of over 1,50,000 Delivery Executives, the largest in India, ensures a host of customer-centric features, while ensuring we provide unparalleled convenience for our customers
Applied Research team at Swiggy is looking for experienced researchers with an aptitude to solve challenging real world problems in the area of natural language processing (NLP)/natural language understanding (NLU).
- As a Principal Data Scientist, we are looking for a subject matter expert in NLP, who would be working on some of the important problem statements we are trying to solve : developing chatbot for English and mixed English (English and Indian languages written using English keyboards), intent classification, sentiment analysis, text categorization, keyword spotting, machine translation from English to Indian languages and vice-versa, automatic speech recognition (ASR) etc.
- The potential candidates need to be well versed in classical text processing methodologies like hidden Markov models (HMMs), conditional random fields (CRFs), topic models, word-embeddings, part-of-speech (PoS) tagging etc.
- Good understanding of usual machine learning (ML) tools is very important.
- Hands-on experience of deep learning (DL) techniques like convolutional neural networks (CNNs), recurrent neural networks (RNNs), long-term short-term memory (LSTM) etc is essential.
- Hands-on coding experience in ML friendly languages like python and knowledge of open source ML/DL libraries is needed in order to implement the ideas into working proof-of-concepts (PoCs).
- The right candidate will have masters (M.S./M.Tech. etc) or/and PhD degrees with research experience of several years in some of the above domains.
- Preferably should have published their research in conferences and journals of repute.
Swiggy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.