Merchandising Manager-Growth & New Initiative
Product Management – Merchandising
Full Time Employee
Swiggy started in 2014 with just a few restaurants on board limited to Koramangala in Bangalore, Swiggy is now India’s leading food ordering and delivery platform. We recently received our series H round of funding and were able to raise an astounding $1 Billion. We have grown beyond our wildest imaginations. Starting off with just 2 neighborhoods in Bangalore, we are now present in over 240 locations PAN India and are only looking to grow further. More than 121,000 restaurant partners leverage Swiggy to reach new customers and increase their sales. All of this has been made possible only because of our motivated work force nearing 10000+ employees that run the show from start to finish. Every order delivered by Swiggy’s fleet of over 1,50,000 Delivery Executives, the largest in India, ensures a host of customer-centric features, while ensuring we provide unparalleled convenience for our customers
· The Merchandising Manager – Growth & New Initiatives at Swiggy is a strategic and action focused role and would require to closely work with different teams from Product, Business, Sales, Supply and Operations team.
· He/ She would be responsible for curating the various storefronts, to ensure that good quality & fresh selection of restaurants, food, related offers and monetized content is shown to the customer.
· They would be responsible for the growth and scale of assigned business initiatives and merchandising widgets.
· They would work closely with the Business Team, Analytics, Product, Content, Designers and marketing team to understand the stores that we want to display to our customers & then help populate that store for us by choosing the right merchandise.
· They would also be responsible for maintaining a high bar of quality and mix of content, merchandise, ads and organic discovery on each storefront within a city.
· They would be responsible for ensuring that there is freshness in our curation & presentation to the customer. They would be responsible for diving deep into the selection for each zone & help come up with trends, insights & callouts.
· They would ensure that there are processes put in place for efficient store curation.
· They would analyze the various stores & their curation strategy along with business and app metrics to ensure that the curation process is improved for the zone. They will partner with the design and vendor team to successfully monetize merchandising properties.
· The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, able to take direction and work well with multiple teams.
· The ideal candidate will be innovative and internally motivated and have a strong interest in food & online merchandising. The city merchandiser will provide strong inputs to the product/technology team to build efficient merchandising tools.
n Strong bias for action and ability to prioritize
n Aptitude for the organization, flexibility and producing results in a fast-paced environment
n Capability to meet our technical requirements, which include HTML, CSS and Excel, plus the ability to learn our in-house tools quickly
n 2 years of experience in online merchandising for an e-commerce company preferred
· The ideal candidate will be innovative, team-oriented, an effective communicator, have a desire to participate in change and appreciate a dynamic environment with rapidly changing priorities.
· We are seeking someone with a demonstrated history of using customer data to identify and prioritize opportunities.
● Strong communication and analytical skills, Understanding of CX, and a high standard of written English and Great design sense
● B. Tech. / B.E in technology with MBA preferred
● Aptitude for the organization, flexibility and producing results in a fast-paced environment
● Strong bias for action and ability to prioritize
● Understanding food & restaurant trends
● 3 years of experience with an E-commerce or Consumer Internet company as a merchandiser/marketer preferred
Swiggy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.