Data Scientist II- NLP
Technology – Data Science
Full Time Employee
In 2014, with a few restaurants on board, Swiggy started the hyperlocal journey, offering food delivery services within Koramangala, Bengaluru. Today, backed by the latest round of Series-H funding, and with presence in over 500 cities across the nation, the brand is Indian’s leading food ordering and delivery platform.
Backed by technology and a growing fleet of over 200,000 Delivery Partners, Swiggy today enables over 140,000 Restaurant Partners who leverage our expertise, to provide unparalleled convenience to consumers across India.
Swiggy’s technology-led approach to solving for hyperlocal, offers a hassle-free, fast and reliable delivery experience for consumers. A 10000+ strong workforce is at heart of this journey, paving the way for the future of hyperlocal experiences.
Want to be a part of this journey. Join us
Applied Research team at Swiggy is looking for experienced researchers with an aptitude to solve challenging real-world problems in the area of natural language processing (NLP)/natural language understanding (NLU).
- As a Data Scientist II, we are looking for someone with strong expertise in Deep Learning and NLP.
- You would be working on some of the important problem statements we are trying to solve : developing chatbot for English and mixed English (English and Indian languages written using English keyboards), intent classification, sentiment analysis, text categorization, keyword spotting, machine translation from English to Indian languages and vice-versa, automatic speech recognition (ASR) etc.
What do we look for?
- The potential candidates need to be well versed in classical text processing methodologies like hidden Markov models (HMMs), conditional random fields (CRFs), topic models, word-embeddings, part-of-speech (PoS) tagging etc.
- Good understanding of usual machine learning (ML) tools is very important.
- Hands-on experience of deep learning (DL) techniques like convolutional neural networks (CNNs), recurrent neural networks (RNNs), long-term short-term memory (LSTM) etc is essential.
- Hands-on coding experience in ML friendly languages like python and knowledge of open source ML/DL libraries is needed in order to implement the ideas into working proof-of-concepts (PoCs).
- The right candidate will have masters (M.S./M.Tech. etc) or/and PhD degrees with research experience of 4+ years in some of the above domains.
- Preferably should have published their research in conferences and journals of repute.
At Swiggy, we never stop searching for innovative ways to put our consumers first, provide opportunities for our partners and employees alike, and nurture our business. Our journey towards becoming India’s leading food ordering and delivery platform is not short of a roller-coaster ride. All this way made possible because of our unwavering belief in our core values, from which we built Swiggy’s culture, brand and behavior.
Swiggy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. Come be a part of the exciting journey with us as we grow