San Fransisco, California /
Engineering – Backend /
What We Do
Swimply is an online marketplace that allows homeowners to share their passion spaces with their local communities. We started with swimming pools which took us to $20M+ in 2 years, but pools are just the beginning. We’re creating a new category within local experiences. Think AirBnB for swimming pools, hot tubs, tennis courts, basketball courts, music studios, art studios, kitchens and more.
Our mission is to extend the sharing economy beyond the functional to the experiential. We will do this by building an authentic community-driven marketplace that democratizes access and enhances quality of life for the average family. We believe that ownership can be smarter, better, and more meaningful. Helping owners earn an income from their underutilized assets reduces the financial anxiety of ownership and simultaneously fosters community. We envision a world in which anyone, anywhere, can access anything with the tap of a button. From their very own tennis court or swimming pool to home gyms and even music studios - regardless of their economic status.
Where We Are Now
Swimply experienced incredibly rapid growth, largely driven by word-of-mouth and robust media coverage. In just the last six months over 4,000 pools have been listed in the US, over 250,000 hours have been booked, and almost a million Swimply guests have enjoyed a neighbor’s pool.
About the role
As a Backend Engineer in our team, your role will be both challenging and pivotal. Your daily tasks will include, but not be limited to:
- Designing and constructing simple, efficient backend systems to tackle complex marketplace problems. Your creativity and expertise will be instrumental in building a strong infrastructure.
- Undertaking the migration of our current backend architecture towards a more contemporary, reliable, and scalable design. Your understanding of system design and scalability will be put to good use.
- Collaborating closely with our client engineers, product, design, and data teams to construct product features. Your communication and collaboration skills will be put to the test.
- Utilizing a wide array of technologies, including but not limited to PHP, Nodejs, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Kubernetes, AWS. While experience in these specific technologies is a plus, we value your ability to learn and adapt to new languages and tools as we evolve.
We'd love to hear from you if you have
- An extremely high sense of ownership. We're looking for someone who takes responsibility for their work and feels a strong commitment to the success of the project.
- High agency. You are proactive, take initiative, and have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- A love for working with cross-functional partners. You enjoy the dynamism and variety of collaborating with different teams, leveraging their unique perspectives to build better products.
- A passion for building products while solving complex engineering problems. You get a thrill from the challenge of creating efficient, scalable solutions for tough problems, and you enjoy seeing your work result in tangible, successful products.
$160,000 - $220,000 a year