Market Manager - Los Angeles (Seasonal)
Los Angeles, California /
Operations – Local Operations /
What We Do
Swimply is an online marketplace that allows homeowners to share their passion spaces with their local communities. We started with swimming pools which took us to $20M+ in 2 years, but pools are just the beginning. We’re creating a new category within local experiences. Think AirBnB for swimming pools, hot tubs, tennis courts, basketball courts, music studios, art studios, kitchens and more.
Our mission is to extend the sharing economy beyond the functional to the experiential. We will do this by building an authentic community-driven marketplace that democratizes access and enhances quality of life for the average family. We believe that ownership can be smarter, better, and more meaningful. Helping owners earn an income from their underutilized assets reduces the financial anxiety of ownership and simultaneously fosters community. We envision a world in which anyone, anywhere, can access anything with the tap of a button. From their very own tennis court or swimming pool to home gyms and even music studios - regardless of their economic status.
Where We Are Now
Swimply experienced incredibly rapid growth, largely driven by word-of-mouth and robust media coverage. In just the last six months over 4,000 pools have been listed in the US, over 250,000 hours have been booked, and almost a million Swimply guests have enjoyed a neighbor’s pool.
Swimply is looking for community focused, data-directed, strategic thinkers to manage the pool supply in key local markets. You will be required to own the end-to-end supply lifecycle in your market. You will work on getting new pools to sign up on Swimply (partnerships, events, flyers, etc), work with hosts to get their listing live on the platform, ensure quality of pools in your market, and manage the host support questions from the hosts in your market. We're a small but mighty and rapidly growing team, and we are looking for personable individuals with a high level of executional excellence, strong work ethic, and dedication. This will be a summer seasonal role from May - October
- Monitor top of funnel supply growth and come up with ideas to expand and execute on them if needed
- Convert hosts that have not completed their listings to go live on the platform through on-on-one coaching
- Monitor and improve the quality of the listings in your market
- Answer customer support tickets from hosts in your market
- Host events for current and potential Swimply hosts
- Work closely with your local Swimply Prohost to ensure success
- Contribute to projects that improve both top-line revenue and bottomline booking profitability within your city
- Collaborate with other members of the Swimply team to measure the impact and efficiency of your work while identifying product and service improvements to create value for the business
- Conduct fundamental data analysis and present on findings to identify root cause issues and areas of improvement
- Collaborate in cross-functional "sprints" and special projects to accelerate the success of the business including product testing, product requirements drafting, KPI triage, etc.
- Create clear and organized documentation
- Great communication and people skills
- A car and ability to drive to visit local hosts
- Experience using productivity, web-based customer support, and data analysis tools like: HubSpot, JIRA, Figma, Zendesk, and Looker
- Sales experience
- Strong analytical and critical thinking ability
- Ability to quickly establish a rapport and build relationships
- Strong Customer Service and problem solving skills
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint, SQL skills is a plus
$3,000 - $6,000 a month