ChitChat is seeking a Senior Backend Engineer who has experience working on large-scale, highly-available server applications and distributed systems. S/he will join our high-performance backend team that is responsible for optimizing and building our highly-scalable server. This is an opportunity to make a significant impact with an early-stage product backed by some of the world’s most prominent investors.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned backend generalist whose seen it all — in addition to being a top-notch coder, you'll have experience ranging from scalable API & server design, DB management, system admin and configuration.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Strong grasp of computer science fundamentals and object oriented design principles.
- Experience working on large-scale, highly-available server applications and distributed systems
- Experience with our technology stack — Java (8), Node.js, Bash, Redis, Dropwizard, MySQL, AWS
- Experience starting projects from scratch and jumping into an existing architecture
- Ability to debug complex issues
- Plus for experience w/Docker, Golang
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Developing high-quality code using cutting-edge techniques, tools and utilities
- Managing all phases of systemic server lifecycle including provisioning, building, deployment, and monitoring across environments
- Researching, testing and implementing new techniques, frameworks and utilities
- Helping define and enforce development and design standards and best practices
- Partnering with cross-functional teams to define new product requirements, features and functionality
WHAT YOU'LL GET:
- Stock options and competitive salary
- Fully covered medical, dental and vision plans
- Work at a fast growing Silicon Valley startup
- Tech setup of your choice
- Catered lunch from a different restaurant everyday
- Beautiful office in San Francisco