Creative Director, Copywriter
Swirl mcgarrybowen is looking for a Creative Director, Copywriter to join our team; working on a large, innovative technology account. This team is small in size—but you’d never know it by the quality or amount of the work produced. As such, we are looking for someone who is very hands-on: Working 1:1 with creative teams, strategy, account and our clients to develop awe-inspiring creative that will live across all forms of traditional, digital, experiential and social media.
You’re not just a great thinker; you’re a leader too. You help identify great people and make them even greater. You’re happy to roll up your sleeves—and you often will. But you’ll never grab the wheel or take the credit. You partner well. You look at clients as comrades. You present so brilliantly, you can sell an idea like an insurance agent in hurricane season. And you love technology—looking at things like computers and virtual reality not as just tech, but as a way to change the world for the better.
We’ll expect that you’re a super kind and talented member of the team and that you treat your colleagues, your direct reports, and your clients with respect.
- Write and oversee all the creative (TV, print, radio, digital, OOH, etc.) for the account group(s)
- Mentor and lead a team of creatives, nurturing their ideas and careers
- Keep the work on brand and on strategy—while astounding us with new thinking
- People skills: This senior position requires someone who can keep all our creative on the ball—someone who has the personality and intelligence to engage our client, to listen carefully, to have reasoned and persuasive answers, to be passionate without being strident, and earn trust and respect
- Contribute to the development of long-range creative strategies; plans and campaigns
- Traveling to shoots near and far
We're looking for people with:
- 10+ years of experience in advertising industry
- Experience in global and corporate advertising
- Must love to write and have the ability to understand and internalize a brand voice
- Previous mid-senior level client contact
- Resourcefulness, resilience and a positive attitude
Who are we?
With headquarters in San Francisco’s majestic Presidio National Park, it’s a full-spectrum ideas agency: advertising, marketing, communications, retail experiences, and brand actions – with an added dimension of a 1,400 acre back yard. We believe: in people first, in collaboration, and in a healthy and passionate culture. We also believe that brand success in the 21st century will be rooted in brand actions and our clients range from national and international brands such as Microsoft, CA Technologies, Intel, Clorox, Juniper Networks, Cool Effect, and Peet's Coffee, to regional favorites, like Walt Disney Family Museum, The San Francisco YMCA, PG&E and more!
What you can expect from us
- A culture of excellence
- Passionate colleagues
- Fair compensation
- Exciting collaborative environment
- A forum to have your ideas heard and built upon
- Access to executive leadership
- Autonomy and the room to make decisions
- The runway to maximize your ability
- A great culture for the fun and curious
- Training to continue to improve and grow