Do you dream in Gantt charts?
Are you the person other people go to when something needs to get done?
Can you keep everyone around you calm and focused when the pressure is on?
Do you know how to manage the little details why keeping your eye on the big picture?
Do you have an uncontrollable passion for cutting edge technologies and innovative thinking?
Do you yearn to work with incredibly smart, fun and tenacious people?
Then you might be the right Product Manager for Swirl!
- Scope product roadmap and create timelines for multiple concurrent projects
- Collaborate with the strategy team on the research/business requirements gathering phase
- Collaborate with design, UX and production teams to deliver new features, product enhancements and improve user experiences
- Engage and coordinate team members from throughout the agency, as needed on each individual product
- Exhibit understanding of and thought leadership in all stages of the digital development cycle, from discovery through deployment
- Run daily stand-up meetings and project communications
- Manage source files through the design and development processes
- Partner with the account manager to build productive client relationship, acting as the client point-of-contact at some stages of development
- Prepare project documentation, including calendars/Gantt charts, task reviews, etc.
- Manage a backlog of content and creative tasks, prioritizing with the client and briefing the team. Set up and run internal and team reviews
- Manage feedback, changes and approval cycles
- Check output before it goes to the client to ensure the ask has been met
- Liaise with the resource manager to ensure adequate resourcing
- Work with Technical Director to establish document and scope technical requirements
- Coordinate with the engineering and the design teams, focusing on client needs and ensuring that approved designs are executed properly in development
- Work closely with client and agency technical teams as features are released in an Agile 2-week iteration process
We're looking for people with:
- 5+ years of experience producing interactive experiences for the web and mobile devices
- An understanding of Design Thinking methodology
- Proficiency in project management methodology and software
- A passion for emerging technology and a drive to innovate
- Good communication skills, who is flexible and patient under tight deadlines
- An ability to work in a process-oriented setting
- Relentless attention to detail
- Strong ability to multi-task and pivot quickly
- An ability to inspire and collaborate with co-workers
Who are we?
Swirl! Founded in 1997, at the epicenter of the digital revolution, Swirl is independently owned and independent in spirit. With headquarters in San Francisco’s majestic Presidio National Park, it’s a full-spectrum ideas agency: advertising, marketing, communications, retail experiences, and brand actions – with an added dimension of a 1,400 acre back yard. We believe: in people first, in collaboration, and in a healthy and passionate culture. We also believe that brand success in the 21st century will be rooted in brand actions and our clients range from national and international brands such as Microsoft, Sprint, CA Technologies, Juniper Networks, Cool Effect, and Peet's Coffee, to regional favorites, like Walt Disney Family Museum, The San Francisco YMCA, and PG&E.
What you can expect from us:
-A culture of excellence
-Exciting collaborative environment
-A forum to have your ideas heard and built upon
-Access to executive leadership
-Autonomy and the room to make decisions
-The runway to maximize your ability
-A great culture for the fun and curious
-Training to continue to improve and grow