Swirl | mcgarrybowen is looking for an Associate Creative Director // Copywriter to join our team; working on an exciting span of business at our beautiful office in the Presidio. The Associate Creative Director // Copywriter will assimilate a broad range of skill and experience in order to drive a team to develop superior creative solutions that will live across all forms of media. A successful ACD will confidently and independently lead brands, invent tactics, mentor juniors, and manage the day-to-day progress of a project from start to finish.
- Ability to write across a broad range of media
- Elevating the work of juniors and challenging them to push beyond what’s expected
- Maintaining a high level of motivation with juniors while keeping them positive, focused and on track
- A willingness to roll up her sleeves and write when necessary
- Provide constructive feedback and clear direction to junior members, but also lead by example
- Empathetic and strong leadership and mediation skills-enjoys mentoring and fostering growth and success in junior team members
- Partner with clients and senior team members across departments to heighten a brand’s significance and performance
- Being self-motivated, hard-working, well organized, and resilient to ever-changing timelines, requests, and deliverables
- Keeping the work on brand and on strategy—while astounding us with new thinking
- Creation and development of concepts through execution
- Participate in brainstorm and ideation sessions both internally and externally with high profile network and production partners
- Ongoing curiosity about new technology and how it can be used in intelligent ways to elevate our clients’ brands and win business
- Work closely with strategic planning and account teams to drive creative campaign development
- Someone who has the personality and intelligence to engage our clients, listen carefully, have reasoned and persuasive answers, be passionate without being strident, and earn trust and respect
- Some travel for shoots
- 6+ years of experience / 2 of those acting as a Sr. Copywriter
- Experience in global and corporate advertising a plus
- Participation and success in client pitches
- Dynamic presentation skills
- A positive attitude and a great sense of humor
- Must love to write and have the ability to understand and internalize a brand voice and use it to spin out words that will cover a vast range of topics
- Previous mid-level client contact
- Reports to CD
When you apply for a job at swirl | mcgarrybowen, we want to see a diverse, inspired, polished portfolio that surprises us. We want to hear the stories behind your work and learn how you think. We respect talent but we also believe in chemistry.
Finally, we’ll expect that you’re a kind, professional member of the team. You treat your colleagues, your direct reports, and your clients with respect and friendship—sentiments that are returned by all.
Who are we?
With headquarters in San Francisco’s majestic Presidio National Park, swirl|mcgarrybowen is a full-spectrum ideas agency: advertising, marketing, communications, retail experiences, and brand actions – with an added dimension of a 1,400 acre back yard. We believe in people first, in collaboration, and in a healthy and passionate culture. We also believe that brand success in the 21st century will be rooted in brand actions and our clients range from national and international brands such as Microsoft, CA Technologies, Intel, Clorox, Juniper Networks, Cool Effect, and Peet's Coffee, to regional favorites, like Walt Disney Family Museum, The San Francisco YMCA, PG&E and more!
What you can expect from us
- A culture of excellence
- Passionate colleagues
- Fair compensation
- Exciting collaborative environment
- A forum to have your ideas heard and built upon
- Access to executive leadership
- Autonomy and the room to make decisions
- The runway to maximize your ability
- A great culture for the fun and curious
- Training to continue to improve and grow