Director of Customer Experience
The Director of Customer Experience will lead the envisioning, development, implementation and operations of the agency CX/UX department. This person will lead the Engagement strategy, design, and development of customer focused marketing and product ecosystems for new and current clients and will be instrumental in building a world-class customer and user experience practice within Swirl.
We're looking for someone to be a collaborative thought leader with strong business execution skills who helps envision, communicate and drive a customer experience approach and customer first philosophy in digital and non-digital channels; differentiating our clients brands in the marketplace while understanding and optimizing the cost-benefit of various alternatives as well as represent the “voice of the customer” in overall experience design.
- Build and manage a high-performing experience design organization including CX/UX/UI and interaction design. Create big-picture experiential strategies that cross numerous touch points. Lead the digital and customer experience team to build and grow a fully integrated user experience practice and philosophy across the agency that exceeds competitor’s offerings and meets the needs of today’s consumer. Partner with strategy to own the “customer journey” process, workshop, tools and artifacts.
- Build strategic customer experience design thinking into the agency DNA and ensure consistency and quality across the agency by setting flexible design principles and evangelizing them throughout the organization.
- Work with key client partners, business lines and technology team to integrate mobile, apps, e-delivery, social media service options and into the consumer acquisition and service experience, positioning our clients to meet the rapidly evolving customer needs and preferences. Look across the customer journey to continue to develop the experience/journey planning practice and its application to solving a range of marketing needs and problems as well as product development.
- Directly manage the agency UX/UI department including the UI/Interaction Design, and UX Research team to collaboratively integrate with key existing agency departments. Partner across agency to combine SEO, social engagement, customer self-service experience enhancements, mobile offerings and campaign integration between digital and non-digital platforms to improve net promoter scores, lead generation, and self-service adoption.
- Leverage, learn and develop tools that leverage the voice of the customer insights in the experience design, balancing the cost-benefit of various options to ensure that we strike the optimal balance.
- Educate, motivate and partner with a broad constituency of peers and senior leaders in multiple functions to help lead a digital customer experience transformation across the agency, and client enterprise.
- Foster engagement, alignment, accountability, and execution excellence within their teams and with their peers in collaboration functions across the agency.
- Act as a customer experience advocate who can help design, model, develop and champion customer experience enhancements across the business, not just in digital applications.
- Work with the executive team to develop new and innovative proprietary platforms and products that contribute to additional revenue streams and agency growth.
- A UX strategy veteran: you’ve racked up at least ten years’ experience building large-scale experience and product visions, at least four of which you spent leading and inspiring the teams responsible for delivering them.
- A seasoned professional who can sit at the C-suite table, but can also roll up your sleeves and execute in the trenches when needed.
- Curious and open-minded; you know education doesn’t end just because you’ve stepped out of the classroom and view every challenge as an opportunity to learn something new.
- Strategically adaptive: you thrive in rapidly-evolving, ambiguous environments where you can work independently and stretch your creative muscles to find imaginative solutions. You know a great idea can come from anywhere, and rapidly change gears to adapt to shifting business or customer needs.
- Business and user-centric: you use user-centered design principles to shape UX strategy and design to impact positively both business goals and the user experience.
- Product insightful: you use a combination of experience, research, and intuition to set an ambitious quality bar and inspire team members to overcome obstacles and explore imaginative solutions in pursuit of UX perfection.
- A team leader: you know the best leaders build on a strong foundation of trust that inspires teammates to explore imaginative solutions in pursuit of quality results. You lead by example and use your knowledge and experience to help teammates level up their UX skills as you work alongside them.
- An effective storyteller: you know how to win people over to your point of view, and craft compelling stories that champion experience design principles throughout the agency and client enterprise.
Who are we?
Swirl! Founded in 1997, at the epicenter of the digital revolution, Swirl is independently owned and independent in spirit. With headquarters in San Francisco’s majestic Presidio National Park, it’s a full-spectrum ideas agency: advertising, marketing, communications, retail experiences, and brand actions – with an added dimension of a 1,400 acre back yard. We believe: in people first, in collaboration, and in a healthy and passionate culture. We also believe that brand success in the 21st century will be rooted in brand actions and our clients range from national and international brands such as Microsoft Stores, Sprint, CA Technologies, Juniper Networks, Cool Effect, and Peet's Coffee, to regional favorites, like Walt Disney Family Museum, The Marine Mammal Center, The San Francisco YMCA, and PG&E.
What you can expect from us:
-A culture of excellence
-Exciting collaborative environment
-A forum to have your ideas heard and built upon
-Access to executive leadership
-Autonomy and the room to make decisions
-The runway to maximize your ability
-A great culture for the fun and curious
-Training to continue to improve and grow